Macro Express Forums

is there any way to print documents from a folder and many folder

sunilvedula

i want the macro to print the documents from a folder and many such folders. For eg a folder "My documents" contains numerous folders and i want the macro to print all the documents in all the folders. Approximately i have to print around 200 folders everday with atleast 2 documents in each folder. Please help and suggest me as to how to do that?

This can be done with Macro Express but Macro Express does not perform the print. It automates calling the application(s) that print the document(s). Here is a discussion that discusses how this works: Launch program to print a file.

To summarize, use the Repeat with Folder command to find the files in the folders and then call the application to print the document(s).

This can be done with Macro Express but Macro Express does not perform the print. It automates calling the application(s) that print the document(s). Here is a discussion that discusses how this works: Launch program to print a file.

To summarize, use the Repeat with Folder command to find the files in the folders and then call the application to print the document(s).

thanks i think it should work. Let me see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I could give it a shot. To start with what type of documents are you printing? Once we get a print command line to work for you then we can move on to the rest.

I need to print word, excel and pdf documents. They have to be printed accoridng to the folder wise. i..e there will be around 40 folders and it has to complete one foldr and then move on to others.

Sure. All you need to do is use a condition on the file type. You could use and "If" or a "Switch/Case". In aech one you would have a different routine for the different file types by extension.