Macro Express Forums

Alt Delay

Amerifax-Bob

I'm using a program that should make a selection when you do a Alt+V. But this program is a little different than most. You have to select the Alt key release it and than select the V key in order to make it work. I have tried using macro express and everything from feather to a hammer to get this to work. I finally found a program that would put in a proper delay to make it work. So for the first park of the macro I use WinTask and the second part of the macro I use Maco Express. But I really hate the thought or writing two different programs to get my end result. I have never had much luck when it comes to delays. I ran a Capture Macro in Macro Express with no luck, I also ran a Capture with WinTask and it worked. If I had my way I would do it all with Macro Express.Don't get me wrong I'm not getting down on WinTask. I just like the flow in Macro Express much Better.

Bob :unsure:

:blink: I thought I sholud show what works in WinTask

UseWindow("PHONEBKS.EXE|SelectPhone|ProCD PhoneBooks - Great Lakes+North Central",1)

ChooseMenu(Normal,"&View|&More Info...")

This will Select Alt then the "V" key.

I have tried the following plus many more ways to do it.

<ACTIVATE2:ProCD PhoneBooks - Great Lakes+North Central><TEXTTYPE:<ALTD>><DIS:<WAITPB><DIS:<MSD:0906><TEXTTYPE:v><TEXTTYPE:<ALTU>><DIS:<WAITPB>

I'm thinking Macro Express is choking on this funtion. The program I'm working in is ProCD PhoneBooks Version 2004.4.07.0902

Bob :(

You said:

You have to select the Alt key release it and than select the V key in order to make it work.

This macro would do that for you.

Activate Window: "ProCD PhoneBooks - Great Lakes+North Central"
Text Type: <ALTD>
Delay 20 Milliseconds
Text Type: <ALTU>
Delay 20 Milliseconds
Text Type: v

You have to select the Alt key release it and than select the V key in order to make it work.

Some programs respond to alt sequences in unusual ways. But, because of the flexibility of Macro Express, I can think of several approaches that should work.

Hold the ALT key down, delay for a moment, and then let the ALT key up.

Text Type: <ALTD>
Delay 20 Milliseconds
Text Type: <ALTU>
Delay 20 Milliseconds

This macro does the ALT key down and up using specific commands.

Alt Key Down
 Delay 20 Milliseconds
Alt Key Up
Delay 20 Milliseconds

But this last example is the simplest. It uses the 'double alt' technique discussed in the routine that captures macros.

Text Type: <ALT><ALT>v