Macro Express Forums

Looking for testers

joe

The Microsoft Excel section of our new Macro Express Extended Library product is currently under development and we are looking for a handful of testers having Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002 (XP), 2003, or 2007.

You must have Windows 2000, XP, or Vista and be an experienced Macro Express 3 user having a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (workbooks, worksheets, ranges, cells, formatting, and so forth). And you must play well with others, like Floyd does ... only better :blink:

If you are interested, please email Floyd or Joe. We will begin going through the requests starting this weekend. Seating is limited, so vote early and vote often ;)

Warning: if you are chosen, test the functions only on Excel data that you can afford to lose. DO NOT test on anything critical like your company's year-end tax data, or for that matter, any of your employer's data. Do not use these functions on anything important. They are, after all, just being developed and it is possible that we, or you, might make a mistake.

In return for your efforts, active testers will receive one free license of the Macro Express Extended Library when it is released. Hey! You in the back ... stop snickerin' it's all we got. B)

Here is al ist of functions ready for testing:

Application Level Functions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• XL_AppLaunch - Launches a new instance of Excel
  • XL_AppAttach - Attach to an already running instance of Excel
  • XL_AppDetach - Detaches Excel from the Macro Express Extended Library
  • XL_AppTerminate - Shuts down Excel without saving the changes you may have made
  • XL_AppClose - Shuts down Excel but saves any changes to the workbooks first
  • XL_AppSave - Saves all workbooks without prompting
  • XL_AppHide - Makes the Excel application invisible
  • XL_AppShow - Makes the Excel application visible

Workbook Level Functions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• XL_WorkbookAdd - Adds a new, blank workbook to Excel
  • XL_WorkbookOpen - Opens an existing Excel workbook file
  • XL_WorkbookTerminate - Closes an Excel workbook without saving your changes
  • XL_WorkbookClose - Closes a workbook but saves any changes to it first
  • XL_WorkbookSave - Saves an Excel workbook to a file
  • XL_WorkbookSaveAs - Saves an Excel workbook as a different file or in a different format
  • XL_WorkbookSaveAll - Saves your changes to all the open workbooks without prompting
  • XL_WorkbookCopy - Saves a copy of the workbook to a file but doesn't modify the open workbook in memory
  • XL_WorkbookActivate - Makes an Excel workbook the default, active workbook
  • XL_WorkbookGetActive - Returns the name, index number, or both of the active workbook
  • XL_WorkbookGetCount - Returns the number of workbooks in Excel
  • XL_WorkbookHide - Makes an Excel workbook invisible (hidden)
  • XL_WorkbookShow - Makes an Excel workbook visible again
  • XL_WorkbookEnumerate - Returns an array of workbooks and properties suitable for a CSV file
  • XL_WorkbookExists - Returns true if a workbook exists in the Excel application
  • XL_WorkbookIsVisible - Returns true if a workbook is visible or false if it is not
  • XL_WorkbookIsChanged - Returns true if a workbook has been changed (modified) or false if it has not
  • XL_WorkbookHasPassword - Returns true if a workbook has a password or false if it does not
  • XL_WorkbookGetFullPath - Returns the full path file name of the target workbook
  • XL_WorkbookGetNameFromIndex - Returns the name of a workbook based on its index number
  • XL_WorkbookGetIndexFromName - Returns the index number of a workbook based on its name

Sheet Level Functions

• XL_SheetAdd - Adds one or more worksheet(s) to a workbook
  • XL_SheetSaveAs - Saves a single worksheet to a different file or in a different format (Note: Not yet implemented)
  • XL_SheetDelete - Deletes a worksheet without saving changes
  • XL_SheetActivate - Activates a worksheet
  • XL_SheetGetActive - Returns the name, index number, or both of the active worksheet
  • XL_SheetHide - Makes a worksheet invisible (hidden)
  • XL_SheetHideAll - Sets all worksheets, except the active worksheet, to hidden on a specified workbook
  • XL_SheetShow - Makes a worksheet visible again
  • XL_SheetShowAll - Makes all worksheets on a specified workbook visible again
  • XL_SheetGetCount - Returns the number of worksheets on a workbook
  • XL_SheetCopy - Copies a worksheet and places it at the position specified
  • XL_SheetCopyToOtherWorkbook - Copies a worksheet from one workbook to another
  • XL_SheetMove - Moves a worksheet to a specified position
  • XL_SheetMoveToOtherWorkbook - Moves a worksheet from one workbook to another
  • XL_SheetRename - Renames a worksheet
  • XL_SheetExists - Returns true if a worksheet exists or false if it does not
  • XL_SheetIsVisible - Returns true if a worksheet is visible or false if it is not
  • XL_SheetEnumerate - Returns an array of worksheets and properties suitable for a CSV file
  • XL_SheetGetNameFromIndex - Returns the name of a worksheet based on its index number
  • XL_SheetGetIndexFromName - Returns the index number of a worksheet based on its name
  • XL_SheetSort - Sorts all worksheets on a workbook

• 3 months later...
I'd would like to add my name to your tester list. I use Vista & Office 2007

I could probably do part-time beta testing too, only if you really need 2007 folks.

My Resume:

-Excel 2003; tons of experience, some of it with VBA.

-Excel 2007; quite a bit of experience, a little with VBA.

-Windows Vista; Just got my first Vista machine, still learning, but it's pretty similar to XP. Okay with reg tweaks, etc.

-General Geek time; painfully too much--only for the last 10 years though.

(You have to be a 20-year geek before you're an "UberGeek," right?)

Currenlty running Vista and 2007.

Only looking to volunteer part-time.

-steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm the licence might be handy. I'm in for some testing..

Been a geek since Windows 3.11 with Dos 5

Experience (past 5 years):

Excel 2000 - on W98 W2K & XP

Excel XP - on XP (Yes, I know Office XP is just like Ofice 2000)

Excel 2003 - on W2K, XP, Vista

Excel 2007 - on XP, Vista, Server 2008

Very proficient with ME3 and desktop PC's software/hardware in general

Some VBS & VBA

I currently have at my disposal the following machines: XP, Vista, Server 2008 with Office 2003, 2003, 2007 respectively

All of this software is fully licenced before you ask...