Macro Express Forums

Current Month End Date

sueshe

I am trying to create a macro that will type out the current month end date in MMDDYY format. I found the posting on this site that had the example macro for this, but it will not work on mine for some reason. Don't know if I am doing it wrong, or what, I am such a beginner at this. Can someone please help me with this? I am just learning, so be gentle. :) I do not have PGM Function library. I have Macro Express 3.7.

Thanks so much for your help!

I am trying to create a macro that will type out the current month end date in MMDDYY format. I found the posting on this site that had the example macro for this, but it will not work on mine for some reason. Don't know if I am doing it wrong, or what, I am such a beginner at this. Can someone please help me with this? I am just learning, so be gentle. :) I do not have PGM Function library. I have Macro Express 3.7.

Thanks so much for your help!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the following generally works for me:

1. Go into Text Commands

2. Go into Date commands

3. Select the format you want and place it in a Variable

4. Enter a Text Type command where you want the date inserted and add the Variable from step 3 (ie <TEXTTYPE:<SPACE>(jr %T25%)>

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply.....but won't this just give me the current date? I need the current months end date, for instance, this month it would be 013108, next month would be 022908, etc.

quote name='James' date='Jan 25 2008, 11:50 AM' post='10019']

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the following generally works for me:

1. Go into Text Commands

2. Go into Date commands

3. Select the format you want and place it in a Variable

4. Enter a Text Type command where you want the date inserted and add the Variable from step 3 (ie <TEXTTYPE:<SPACE>(jr %T25%)>

Hope this helps