Macro Express Forums

Topmost Firefox window terminating

ScottfromBoulder

Is there a way to generate a log of MacroExpress "events" so I can trace down what macro might be causing this??

The past several days I have had the top most Firefox window (with many tabs open) close unexpectedly. My system logs show each time at that moment MacroExpress became active but I am unable to trace it down to a specific macro. I have not created any macros in the past 10 days and others created since the first of the year can be ruled out.

The ME error log is not showing anything. It only happens maybe 3 times in a 10 hour period (perhaps 8 or 9 times over the last three days). I have disabled all "scheduled" macros and "shortkeys" and disabled all others that I can think of as outside possibilities but it still happens.

The only thing I can think to do is as the last line of every macro script insert a Log Message command or Email Send. But with all the macros I rely on that would be a nightmare. I have years worth of accumulated macros.

Any ideas?? This may have started happening around the time of last Firefox update to v2.0.0.12,

Scott

MacroExpress v3.7.3.1

Windows XP Pro sp2

Try enabling the 'Log All Macro Information' option found in Options, Preferences, Playback. This will put an entry in the Default Error Log file every time a macro runs. The log file will contain a date and time stamp, the name of the macro, and the indication 'Started' or 'Completed.

While you are in the preferences you should also enable the 'Limit Size of Error Log file on startup' and choose a maximum size for this file. When the Default Error Log gets too large it will adversely affect performance.

Try enabling the 'Log All Macro Information' option found in Options, Preferences, Playback. This will put an entry in the Default Error Log file every time a macro runs. The log file will contain a date and time stamp, the name of the macro, and the indication 'Started' or 'Completed.

While you are in the preferences you should also enable the 'Limit Size of Error Log file on startup' and choose a maximum size for this file. When the Default Error Log gets too large it will adversely affect performance.

Thanks!

That found it, it was an old playable macro for my 7 button wireless mouse that closes what ever window is under curser. Seems my mouse is going a bit nutso with that button. Got a lot worse today. Hopefully a rebuild and cleaning of the mouse will fix it.

(Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 model 1007) I love this mouse, unhappy without it, but they only function for about 18 month average and then fail completely, I am on mouse #3. If I were paranoid I would think they have a built in program to self destruct after so many months.

Scott