Macro Express Forums

Launch Window failing

brink

I've been using Macro Express for several years now... I use it literally 1000s times per day with dozens of hotkeys and simple scripts for many tasks. Saves me a ton of time... yay!

I've written dozens of macros that interact with my database (FileMaker Pro) and my email client (Windows Mail) to create and send emails. Problem is, I just recently switched to Windows Live Mail, an email client for Vista, and I'm having the hardest time getting the Launch Window command to work for it.

Here's the deal: it seems to be intermittent. I'll start my laptop and use macros for hours with no problem... all of a sudden, it hits the wall and any macro that requires a launch window for Windows Live Mail fails. The macro doesn't abort; it simply doesn't launch the window... which is even worse as the macro proceeds AS IF the window IS launched and it starts typing things in whatever window or desktop happens to be displayed.

Anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this? I am utterly stumped. I can hotkey among literally dozens of different programs with NO problem, it is simply this Windows Live Mail problem that's got me stuck.

Thanks in advance.

I've been using Macro Express for several years now... I use it literally 1000s times per day with dozens of hotkeys and simple scripts for many tasks. Saves me a ton of time... yay!

I've written dozens of macros that interact with my database (FileMaker Pro) and my email client (Windows Mail) to create and send emails. Problem is, I just recently switched to Windows Live Mail, an email client for Vista, and I'm having the hardest time getting the Launch Window command to work for it.

Here's the deal: it seems to be intermittent. I'll start my laptop and use macros for hours with no problem... all of a sudden, it hits the wall and any macro that requires a launch window for Windows Live Mail fails. The macro doesn't abort; it simply doesn't launch the window... which is even worse as the macro proceeds AS IF the window IS launched and it starts typing things in whatever window or desktop happens to be displayed.

Anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this? I am utterly stumped. I can hotkey among literally dozens of different programs with NO problem, it is simply this Windows Live Mail problem that's got me stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Oops, just realized I am not being very clear and using the wrong term... ACTIVATE Window is failing. I am using the Activate Window command to activate the Windows Live Mail window, which is already running. Again, the problem is intermittent... works fine for hours... then WILL NOT activate after a while.

Oops, just realized I am not being very clear and using the wrong term... ACTIVATE Window is failing. I am using the Activate Window command to activate the Windows Live Mail window, which is already running. Again, the problem is intermittent... works fine for hours... then WILL NOT activate after a while.

And here I am replying to myself again... ;)

Been perusing the forum for a while and I think I stumbled on an oblique solution... rather than using Activate Window, I'm using a Program Launch command now to "Launch" Windows Live Mail. Windows realizes the program is already launched and simply activates the window. So for what it's worth... I found a workaround.