Macro Express Forums

Running a popup menu macro from another macro

oded

I've created a macro which includes the "Run Macro" command. It runs a popup menu macro.

After inserting this command the following warning appeared:

"Run Macro:

The selected macro is a popup menu. Running a popup menu in this manner may not work correctly. Please use it at your own risk."

So far the macro runs flawlessly.

But I'm curious: What is the problem that might cause the macro not to work correctly? Is there a better way to run the popup menu without risking possible problems?

Thanks for any help,

Oded.

I am sure that you are aware that Macro Express can only run one macro at a time. When the Macro Run command is used to launch a popup menu macro, the program may attempt to run two macros at once. If this happens Macro Express crashes.

There are some circumstances where it works and others where it does not. We considered disabling this feature entirely but decided not to because there are some who are using it successfully.

You have been warned. Use at your own risk.

I am sure that you are aware that Macro Express can only run one macro at a time. When the Macro Run command is used to launch a popup menu macro, the program may attempt to run two macros at once. If this happens Macro Express crashes.

There are some circumstances where it works and others where it does not. We considered disabling this feature entirely but decided not to because there are some who are using it successfully.

You have been warned. Use at your own risk.

I understand.

Is there some other way I can overcome this limitation?

Thanks,

Oded

What limitation? You said it works, correct?

For the life of me I can't see why you would want to run a pop-up macro in the middle of a macro since the end result of the pop-up macro runs another macro. The only time I can see using it is when it's the last command in a macro. What is it you are trying to do?

What limitation? You said it works, correct?

For the life of me I can't see why you would want to run a pop-up macro in the middle of a macro since the end result of the pop-up macro runs another macro. The only time I can see using it is when it's the last command in a macro. What is it you are trying to do?

Yes, I said it works but as far as I understand there may be problems and as everybody says I'm using it "at my own risk."

However I have written a totally different new macro and now everything is fine :lol:

Thanks all for your kindness and help.

Oded.