Macro Express Forums

Duplicating Files Macro Issues

pzo19707

Hello,

I posted this thread in the wrong forum last night, It was late and I was very frustrated..

I need a macro that duplicates image files.

I need the macro to copy one image file and make 100 copies of it. the paste did not support wildcards, so how would I get the macro to rename the file. Right now it simply running, but not pasting the files. It will paste the first, but that is it.

If I could get it to randomly pick the letters and number for the new file renames, that would be perfect. I'm sure that simple copy and paste repeatedly is not an issue, unfortunatly I have not gotten it yet.. I see ht renaming as been a bigger problem.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Rodney

BTW, As i work my way through macro express, I see it does not support .gif images, Is that correct?

I posted this thread in the wrong forum last night, It was late and I was very frustrated..
I deleted the post in the Third Party Tools forum.
As i work my way through macro express, I see it does not support .gif images, Is that correct?
The Clipboard Save Graphic command only saves in .bmp format.

To copy one image file to 100 others I would recommend that you use the Copy File or Files. To create unique filenames you should read the help topic on Variables. You could set a string variable that uses the date, the time or, with a little extra work, random characters. Then you could use that variable in the Copy File or Files command.

Use the free software IrfanView or similar application to do the conversion. With it you can convert from a command line parameter and never even see the application. You can also specify the destination file name eliminating the need to move or copy files you create.