Macro Express Forums

Maximize Window without using Max Window Command

chomperman

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if I seem a little green.

The Problem:

Need to manipulate program windows running on a server that will not recoqnize window/program commands from macro express. As a result, I am not able to use commands such as window resize and window maximize to make a standard from which to base my other macros on. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do in this situation?

I am currently reduced to getting macroexpress to move the pointer to the top left of the window using mouse move in window to 16,16 and then performing logic controls to move to mouse right until it reaches the point where the mouse icon changes because it reaches the end window, back track left 15 pixels, then continue down in the same manner until the mouse changes to the icon which will allow me to resize the screen.

Even trying to implement the above in code, I do not have "do while" logic commands in macro express.

Any suggestions and/or help anyone would be able to provide would be fantastic.

Gary

Bear in mind there is a fundamental rule in Windows that all things should be capable of being done without a mouse. Of course I can think of several violators but 98% of the time it's followed. And since I distribute my macros I avoid mouse moves like the plague so these lists come in handy.

Bear in mind there is a fundamental rule in Windows that all things should be capable of being done without a mouse. Of course I can think of several violators but 98% of the time it's followed. And since I distribute my macros I avoid mouse moves like the plague so these lists come in handy.

I know, I just want to encourage to more great tips from all the ME users. :)

Hi Cory,

Unfortunately, that shortkey does not work in this scenario as we are using a 3 monitor system and using the alt-space x shortkey causes the window to maximize across all three screens.

It is not a problem with the screen settings as other windows will maximize to fit the specific monitor in which it resides just fine. However, this windows program does not adhere to many window based covention which are usually set.

I try to avoid mouse movements as well however in my circumstance, I do not see many other alternatives. Any other ideas?

Are there any windows controls in the application itself? When I do ALT+Space X this window only maximizes to the display it's in even though this is a dual monitor setup. If the standard maximize command doesn't work and none of the window manipulation commands don't work I don't know what else one can try.

It sounds like your goal is to position the screen in order to run your other macros in, is this correct? If so you should consider not using macro commands that do not rely on window positions. For instance instead of moving the mouse to do something in IE7 instead try tabbing to get the desired field. On trick I often use when developing a macro is to first try to do my task using the keyboard only. Works much more reliably.