Macro Express Forums

Dialing error causing ME to stop

chimeer

Basically I have a very simple macro that dials and disconnects a connection every 5min but occassionally my isp fails to recognize the usernam/pw causing ME to error and stopping the macro. Is there a way that I write the macro to simply wait another 5min and try again instead of stopping at the error?

Have you tried creating a Scheduled macro set to run every 5 minutes?

Is there a dialog displayed when the macro fails? If so, you could use the Log Errors command to log the error and avoid the dialog. This should allow the scheduled macro to run after 5 more minutes.

Also, is there a error prompt that comes up? If you can capture something, either on the screen it should be on which it wouldn't be able to capture if connection didn't happen. Or if an error window pops up if it doesn't make connection you can have the macro note that and then go into a repeat loop. If so you can have an IF statement inside a repeat and have it wait a few seconds, minutes, etc and try again.

Here is scripting I use in one program to "find" itself.

<REM2:Tests to see if on the GF02 P1 PIC screen in right position. If not, macro will repeat 3 times ><REM2:then if still not found bring up a multiple choice to choose to continue or stop. ERROR PIC1><IFVAR2:1:20:8:NEXT><REP3:01:000001:000001:00005:0:01:><DELAY:10><TEXTTYPE:<SHIFTD><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><ARROW RIGHT><SHIFTU>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<ALT>ec><MSD:100><TVAR2:20:03:><MSD:100><IFVAR2:1:20:1:NEXT><MSD:100><BREAK><MSD:100><ENDIF><MSD:100><ENDREP><MSD:100><IFVAR2:1:20:8:NEXT><MSD:100><REM2:Emulator error pic1><MENU2:2:T:53:CenterCenter:EMULATOR TIME OUTTHE GF02 PIC SCREEN P1 EMULATOR DID NOT GAIN FOCUS.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE AFTER LOCATING THE GF11 PIC SCREEN, PUT THE CURSOR ON THE FIRST POSITION OF WORD NEXT AND CHOOSE YES.

IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE MACRO, CHOOSE NO.

*** ERROR PIC1 ***

&Yes, Continue from the GF11

&No, Stop the macro><IFVAR2:1:53:1:TB><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<ALTD><TAB><ALTU>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<HOME>><MSD:100><REP3:01:000001:000001:00036:0:01:><TEXTTYPE:<ARROW RIGHT>><ENDREP><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<F2>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:, ><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:ERROR PIC1><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<NUMENTER>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<ARROW UP>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<HOME>><MSD:100><TEXTTYPE:<ALTD><TAB><ALTU>><MSD:100><MSTOP><MSD:100><ENDIF><MSD:100><ENDIF><MSD:100><ENDIF>

Have you tried creating a Scheduled macro set to run every 5 minutes?

Is there a dialog displayed when the macro fails? If so, you could use the Log Errors command to log the error and avoid the dialog. This should allow the scheduled macro to run after 5 more minutes.

I tried using the scheduler and I still got the dialog box from ME saying that it was unable to connect and that stopped the macro however I think I have just fixed the problem by inserting the log error and turning off the dialog box option. Testing it again now to make sure that it works through the errors. I appreaciate your help. Why isn't there just a checkbox that says something like run macro regardless of errors.

Why isn't there just a checkbox that says something like run macro regardless of errors.
There isn't a checkbox, there is a command. The command is called Log Errors. :)

We are planning a major improvement in this area for a future release of Macro Express.