Macro Express Forums

Using TSV for a source and output of a macro

Cory

Hi cory,

checked your example. Maybe i am wrong but it does not display the results. It shows only the original data but not the square roots. u have the copied the results to t2 and then appended it to t3 (along with t1). saved it to text file and clipboard.

the text file for display only shows t1 and when i try using the clipboard in excel no data shows up. ????

HI cory,

your tsv files is working exceedingly good and thanks a lot!. I have an issue here. As you already know i am running for around 5-10hrs the macro which repeats in the loop and it saves to the file only when it completes. Now if my system gets hanged due to some reasons or it gets stuck then i have no data that is saved and i have to repeat the entire process again which is wasting lot of time. i have read the one post which u said to use breaks but i am bit confused. Can we see something like it saves the data that is processed to the file after let us say 30min and then runs and adds to the one it is saved after another 30min. Advise please

Meh... you can figure that out. But if it's possible to have an interruption you should instead output a record for each iteration. This is often the safe bet.

Meh... you can figure that out. But if it's possible to have an interruption you should instead output a record for each iteration. This is often the safe bet.

sorry but i had it done. As soon as i put this post i tried saving the file after each iteration though to a diff name.txt. it did work wonderfully. now even if my macro stops or somehting goes wrong i will have the data till the time it is processed.

JUst adding to that we can also i think save the output directly to an excel sheet. i will be trying it now to see if it happens without any erros. it wuld save a lot of time and rework. Anyhow it helped me a lot!

Saving to excel will require you interact with the program and this increases the risk of problems. Excel natively understands TSV so all you need to do is open the results file with Excel. What could be easier? But if you do want to take this route create an entire row in the variable and paste the whole things all at once. Excel knows what to do with TSV because that's it's native interchange format for the clipboard.

hi cory.,

was unable to locate the attachement in the mail sent to you. i am forwarding the attachement. Can we copy all the data from the excel and process each row at a time. is it possible using the concept of tsv or anything else. it is not allowing to upload as it says not allowed to upload this type of file :( .

account no udf no trans amt trandt financharge account secure overlimit fees

123456789 451245 150 March 24, 2008 0.25 2 30