Macro Express Forums

sending mail with Qwest DSL

MMLFAMILY

I have Qwest DSL with Qwest modem. I am trying to send e-mail from my home computer to work.

I have tried using google mail:

smtp.gmail.com

port:465

I have tried using qwest:

smtp.lve.com

port:25

I have been unsuccessful. I did not see an ability for Macro Express to send e-mail by http.

Everything worked until I switched internet provider from mho to qwest. mho supported POP3. Qwest did not support POP3.

Why are you using 465, is this an alternate port? You realize you can't use just any port, right?

Many ISPs block SMTP traffic. Did you try to make a telnet connection to test? What was the error?

Are you able to send email with Outlook Express?

You mentioned you were on an old version of ME. Have you updated your software?

Really you should start a support incident with ISS.

I too use Qwest dsl. Recently Qwest announced changes in how they handle email. Are you using Qwest/MSN or Qwest/Qwest? Or are you using Qwest's SMTP servers as an open relay? If you are using Qwest/Qwest or if you are using Qwest's SMTP server as an open relay then I expect you are being affected by the changes.

I too use Qwest dsl. Recently Qwest announced changes in how they handle email. Are you using Qwest/MSN or Qwest/Qwest? Or are you using Qwest's SMTP servers as an open relay? If you are using Qwest/Qwest or if you are using Qwest's SMTP server as an open relay then I expect you are being affected by the changes.

I am using Qwest/MSN. Is there a way to send e-mail from Macro Express?