Macro Express Forums

Can I Schedule a macro from a macro?

zoby

I written a macro that do some actions on a web page and wait a certain amount of time that it gets from the web site and continue...

When I use the "Wait for Time To Elapse" command to suspend the macro for "N1" minutes its working but it freezes my pc while it Waits :( (windows vista 64bit).

So I think as an alternative to split my macro and to schedule the second half of the macro from the first half but I didn't fined any command to do it :blink:

I written a macro that do some actions on a web page and wait a certain amount of time that it gets from the web site and continue...

When I use the "Wait for Time To Elapse" command to suspend the macro for "N1" minutes its working but it freezes my pc while it Waits :( (windows vista 64bit).

So I think as an alternative to split my macro and to schedule the second half of the macro from the first half but I didn't fined any command to do it :blink:

How does the webpage 'tell' your macro the correct amount of time to wait? Do the contents of the webpage actually change in someway after the elapsed time? I think MacEx can "watch for" changes in a webpage by using "get pixel color."

How does the webpage 'tell' your macro the correct amount of time to wait? Do the contents of the webpage actually change in someway after the elapsed time? I think MacEx can "watch for" changes in a webpage by using "get pixel color."

I will need to modify my macro a little but it could work I will test it

Edit: But I still have to wait somehow and test the pixel again and so on so It actually bring us to the same problem as before, the "wait"

You might try creating a scheduled macro. Leave it disabled and then have your 'master' macro enable it using the Macro Enable command. Yo can put a Macro Disable command inside your scheduled macro at the appropriate place to stop the scheduled macro after it no longer needs to run.

You might try creating a scheduled macro. Leave it disabled and then have your 'master' macro enable it using the Macro Enable command. Yo can put a Macro Disable command inside your scheduled macro at the appropriate place to stop the scheduled macro after it no longer needs to run.

I need that the first macro will schedule the second macro automatically because I only know when the second macro need to runs when the first macro runs

I need that the first macro will schedule the second macro automatically because I only know when the second macro need to runs when the first macro runs

I finished writing all the other parts of the macro B)

Only this part left...

I Will explain it more clearly now that I finished writing it and I know exactly what I need to do

my macro go to a web and get a time to wait from sum countdown clocks on different pages, and select the shortest time like 4 hours for example... (the time is inconstant!)

the macro then need to schedule itself to ran in 4 hours by our example

So in 4 hours It will run again and get a new wating time, schedule, run, get new time, schedule, run, get new time......and so on

when the timer complete on the web page the window title stay the same