Macro Express Forums

Supress "Would you like automatic backups turned on?" message

Anders

Hello all,

Is there a way to supress the window that pops up after installation with the question "Would you like automatic backups turned on?"?

I have already set the preference to Never backup, and exported the preferences as a program configuration file (defprefs.mcf). I install ME silent (Setup.exe /S M/=\\test\me3setup.txt) and would like the install process to be truly silent.

Have I missed something obvious? I didn't have this problem with older versions of ME.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Anders

Is there a way to supress the window that pops up after installation with the question "Would you like automatic backups turned on?"?
That dialog should only come up once so one option would be to train your users to click the No button.

When Macro Express v 3.7 or later is installed it automatically enables the backup feature so you should not see the prompt to turn it on for a fresh install. So I am guessing that you are either installing the latest version of Macro Express on top of an older version or you are setting the preferences during install using the defprefs.mcf file and/or the CONFIGFILEPATH advanced installation option.

You can suppress the backup dialog by setting all the preferences when you install Macro Express. The knowledgebase article Set specific preferences for a group of networked users gives details.

For specific help you can contact the Insight Software Solutions support people. Contact information is found on the Macro Express Support page.

• 2 weeks later...
So I am guessing that you are either installing the latest version of Macro Express on top of an older version or you are setting the preferences during install using the defprefs.mcf file and/or the CONFIGFILEPATH advanced installation option.

Yes, I'm setting the preferences with the defprefs.mcf and CONFIGFILEPATH advanced installation. But after trying some more I got the value to "Never backup" to stick. In the defprefs.mcf file the relevant value is.

integer Prompt Backup Schedule 0

Anders