Macro Express Forums

Can i use the clipboard for formated text?

Alexis

For putting large texts in using the clipboard ist much faster than typing. So its a great feature to copy the content of an text file to the clipboard. Unfortunately .txt-files support not any formatted text like in Office.

So whats the best way to put such kind of text in? I thought of copying the text manually and let then MEX save it to the clipboard. But it seems only possible to save to .txt or graphics. Wouldn´t it be great to have the option to save any clipboard content to whatever.

Any Ideas? Thank you.

Alexandra

If your macro copies something to the clipboard and later pastes it, the formatting will be intact. However, if you put the information into a string variable such as %T1% then all the formatting will be lost. It would be a good feature to allow copying formated information to and from the clipboard. It is something we are considering.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Kevin,

at the moment i am again urgently searching for a way to saving/restoring clipboards including applicationspecific content like format etc. As your answer is over an year old i wonder if there are any news or workarounds since.

It makes sense that .txt files are not suitable for saving and restoring that kind of information. I wonder which type of file could. Maybe a new type of clipboard-variables can do the job.

Thank You

Alexandra (Hey, i never had a shortkey failing after using CTRL-Key!!)