Macro Express Forums

Icon gain focus...

patgenn123

Hello!

I have been looking around for this and maybe it's in the "control" section, but I am trying to get a specific desktop icon to gain "focus". When I say focus, I mean exactly like a mouse hovering over the icon long enough to darken it or single clicking it to "darken" the icon. Is there a macro to could do something like this?

Thanks!

-P

Paul,

Thanks. To answer, no, it's not in the same location. The other part about tabbing won't do because it's a text file among many text files.

What I want to do is find the file with "repeat with folder" and move the mouse there and focus by single click, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen unless I am missing something.

Thanks!

-P

Can you provide more detail on what you're trying to do, and what your environment looks like? From what I've read so far, your desktop appears to be populated with various icons representing text files. How do these icons and text files get created and deleted? What is the purpose of these icons? Assuming we can find a way for you to select one of these icons, what would you do next?

What I want to do is find the file with "repeat with folder" and move the mouse there and focus by single click, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen unless I am missing something.

Well, consider that all of your desktop icons are in one way or another represented in folders called

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop

where Username can be (at the very least) your username, or "All Users". And you could therefore certainly use the "repeat with folder" command on these subfolders.