Macro Express Forums

Multiple Editing of Macros

Alexis

Hi everybody,

i´m quite sure that the following ist not (yet) possible. So it´s more a piece of suggestment. If there is a better place to put new ideas for features i would be glad to hear. Thank you.

I often have to edit various macros the same way. Especially to give them all the same program specific scope takes more time than it should. MEX already allows to select macros independently with the control key in the Macro Explorer. So it would be great to have the possiblity to get in the Properties menu and make some settings for all the selected ones. At the moment only Export and En-Disabling is supported.

Just an timesaving idea. :rolleyes:

Alexandra

I use a programmable keyboard for things like that, where I have to do the same thing over and over. Essentially it just captures keystrokes and replays them, much like ME can do, except that the keyboard is quicker and simpler. It's really very good when combined with ME. For example, I have perhaps ten screens I switch among all day long in Windows, and ALT-Tab is a clumsy way to switch. So ten of the programmable keys are set to send weird key combinations, like ALT-Shift-F1, and ALT-Shift-F1 in turn fires a ME macro to activate one of the windows.

Interessting Bob! We are the same kind! :D

I use my logitech G15 Keyboard for this. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G15-Gaming-...7400&sr=8-6

It has three banks of 18 Keys. I found it clumsy to switch between the banks because you easily forget which bank is currently active. So i came up with the following:

The 18 Macroskeys gets keycombinations like ALT + 1. The Logitech macrorecorder ist not used! In MEX i write programspecific Macros for the following Keycombinations:

- ALT + 1

- CTRL + ALT +1

- SHIFT + ALT +1

- CTRL + SHIFT + ALT +1

The first macros in the example will fire if i press the macrokey. The other ones will fire if i press additionally Modifier-Keys. That way i have easiest access to 4 Macros on each of the 18 keys (72), which of course are not easy to memorize. ;)

But i have an idea for this. I´ll start a new thread for this question.

But back to the original topic. Even if you have a macrokeyboard which fires macros for editing in MEX which i do also you have to edit each macro seperately. So a multiple editing feature (like En-Disabling) for those parameters would be useful. Do you agree Bob?

Come on!

Having more than three options in the kontextmenu does not make a program more complicated!

If you read the posts here you notice how different MEX is used by the individual. Personally i often have to modify complete sets of macros so such a feature would really be useful and timesaving. I think for many others too.

Anyway i found a feature request formular on this site. So i´ll put the stuff there. They will know best, i think.

Alexandra

i´m quite sure that the following ist not (yet) possible. So it´s more a piece of suggestment. If there is a better place to put new ideas for features i would be glad to hear. Thank you.

I often have to edit various macros the same way. Especially to give them all the same program specific scope takes more time than it should. MEX already allows to select macros independently with the control key in the Macro Explorer. So it would be great to have the possiblity to get in the Properties menu and make some settings for all the selected ones. At the moment only Export and En-Disabling is supported.

Well, it's certainly possible - I've done this very thing myself. You need to write one or more macros that can themselves edit other macros, e.g. ones you Ctrl-Select from the list of macros presented. It can be quite tricky at the beginning to get it all to work properly, but, once done, it does, as you say, save an enormous amount of time. Using this approach, you can do pretty well everything you can do manually.