Macro Express Forums

Place on top does not (always) place on top!

Alexis

There is some strange behaviour about the command „Set Window Order – Remove Topmost status and place on top“

What i want to achieve is to show a certain window (place it on top) without activating it. I thought the command “Set Window Order – Remove Topmost status and place on top“ is just what i need. As i want this window only to show up if needed and disappear if other windows are activated the command “Always on top” is not what i need.

While most of the time the window shows up there seem to exist windows which have a kind of higher priority build in. So if such a window is lying over the wanted window nothing happens. If you arrange the windows to overlap partially you see that the window does show up but still lies under those high priorities window.

Sometimes Firefox 3.0 for example is such a window. Sometimes a Winexplorer-Window keeps lying above. What´s most irritating is the fact that this problem affects different windows/programs at different times. I can´t tell more but one thing is for sure.

On my PC the command “Set Window Order – Remove Topmost status and place on top“ often places the window just not top enough.

Alexandra

Let´s focus on the problem again.

I found a simple workaround for this bug: You just place the always on top command before the "Remove Topmost status and place on top" - command.

The Always on Top - Command really works (places on top). With this combination you get what "Remove Topmost status and place on top" is supposed to do.

I´ll report this bug to Insight.

Thanks anyway

Alexandra