Macro Express Forums

Mouse Move Doesn't

cuppanews

I'm still trying to get this to work. If you have any ideas why it fails, I'd really like to know!

I'm entering text into a web form. My script is actually a bit more complicated than this, but the following reduces the problem to its simplest form.

The two screen positions (75, 284 and 75, 555) are fields in the form. The first Mouse Move puts the cursor in the first field. The first Text Type puts "Greetings" into that field. The Wait is there just to rule out the possiblity that I'm rushing the second Mouse Move. (I've also tried Wait for Text Playback and Wait Time Elapse for different durations with the same result in every case.) The second Mouse Move should put the cursor in the second field -- but it doesn't! The second Text Type appends "Hello" to "Greetings" in the first field.

Mouse Move Screen 75, 284
Text Type: Greetings
Wait Time Elapse: 0 Minutes 2 Seconds
Mouse Move Screen 75, 555
Text Type: Hello

Any thoughts?

Moving the mouse is not enough, you must click in the new location.

Mouse Move Screen 75, 284
Mouse Left Button Click
Text Type: Greetings
Wait Time Elapse: 0 Minutes 2 Seconds
Mouse Move Screen 75, 555
Mouse Left Button Click
Text Type: Hello

Think about how you do this manually. You move the mouse to a location and the mouse arrow follows along. But until you click in the new location, the cursor stays where it was. The cursor indicates where text will appear when you type.

Moving the mouse is not enough, you must click in the new location.

Think about how you do this manually. You move the mouse to a location and the mouse arrow follows along. But until you click in the new location, the cursor stays where it was. The cursor indicates where text will appear when you type.

Unbelievable. And obvious, I guess! Sigh...

Thanks for the followup, Kevin. My macro runs perfectly now...