Macro Express Forums

A Scheduled Macro Disables The Screensaver?

Magic

Hello Magic!

There is preference setting for this under "Options | Preferences | Scheduler": Disable Screen Saver when using Scheduled Macros. The help file says this about it:

Screen Savers will prevent a Scheduled Macro from running. This option will not allow a screen saver to start if Macro Express is running and if there are any active Scheduled Macros in the macro file currently in use.

You can turn the feature off by unchecking the box, but I am not sure if the screen saver in your case would interfere with the macro. I guess that it would depend on what the macro is doing. I would suggest a test, because I am also not sure by the explanation whether a scheduled macro would fire at all when the screen saver is engaged.

This from the Knowledgebase explains why it works that way:

Many scheduled macros do not work properly when the screen saver or power management features have been activated. To prevent problems, by default, Macro Express disables your screen saver or power management features if you have a Scheduled macro in your macro file.

In most cases you should be able to get a Scheduled macro to work properly with the screen saver or power management features enabled by modifiying the macro. For example, you may need to send a keystroke and then delay to allow your desktop to be restored.

To enable your screen saver or power management features when using a Scheduled macro, load the Macro Express Editor and click on Options | Preferences | Scheduler. Uncheck the box next to "Disable Screen Saver when using Scheduled Macros".