Macro Express Forums

Random number continued.....

fjslan

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP!!! My little project has come along nicely...

todays questions...

1. I know how to set a random number with a maximum RANDOM number. Can I and how do I set a Random number that is within a specific range??? ie 2000001 through 9999999

2. I know how to open / set up a NOTEPAD file...list 10 different colors in the file...set up a random number 1-10 / directly reltaed to my different colors and randomly enter those BUT...is there a way to enter 10 or 50 or 100 different color of random info DIRECTLY into ME so that I can have one less program running. I am trying to make the computer do as little as possible. If I don't have to run any extra programs (ie notepad) then there are less possibilites that something can go wrong.

thanks in advance!

F

1. I know how to set a random number with a maximum RANDOM number. Can I and how do I set a Random number that is within a specific range??? ie 2000001 through 9999999
Variable Set Integer %N1% with a Random Number  // Get a random number between 0 and 7999998
Variable Modify Integer: %N1% = %N1% + 2000001  // Add 2000001 to get a number between 2000001 and 9999999

2. I know how to open / set up a NOTEPAD file...list 10 different colors in the file...set up a random number 1-10 / directly reltaed to my different colors and randomly enter those BUT...is there a way to enter 10 or 50 or 100 different color of random info DIRECTLY into ME so that I can have one less program running. I am trying to make the computer do as little as possible. If I don't have to run any extra programs (ie notepad) then there are less possibilites that something can go wrong.

Put your different colors into a file using notepad but instead of using notepad to get them out use the Text File Begin Process: "test.txt" / Text File End Process or ASCII File Begin Process: "test.csv" (Comma Delimited Text ) / ASCII File End Process commands.