stevecasper Posted October 25, 2008 Report Share Posted October 25, 2008 Hi, I'm trying to create a macro that will use the Web Site command to launch my University student login page (it's a bore to get to my online classes by hand, but building macros is seldom boring), strangely, though, the command is launching two Internet Explorer browsers. The first one launches and never loads anything, the second one launches only fractions of a second later and loads the school page right away, but the macro keeps running, as though the page has not loaded (I am using the Wait for Webpage option, as the macro needs to do more once I'm logged in). I've never had this problem with the Web Site command before. Any ideas why this is happening, what I could look for in my system or settings that may be causing this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Specs: IE: 7.0.6001.1800 ME: 3.7d OS: Vista 32 P.S. I've tried launching other websites with the same problem. The Google homepage isn't even recognized when it's loaded, and two browsers are launching. If I turn off the wait for webpage option, the macro stops running, but that doesn't fix the two browsers problem. I'm baffled. Hate to have to do it the old-fashioned way: "Program Launch: iexplore.exe, Wait for window title, Alt+D, <TEXTTYPE:URL <ENTER>>, Wait for window title"... Almost defeats the purpose of the macro! By the way, the Program Launch command only launches one instance of IE. So it seems like it's the Web Site command itself. Edit - Something else I tried. My default browser was Opera (running it that way, it works fine... the problem is my university website doesn't trust Opera). I changed my default browser to IE, and ran the macro launching in the default browser, it doesn't even succeed in getting an IE browser open. I'm terribly confused. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.