Macro Express Forums

activation from desktop icon

jrtaylor

I want to activate a macro by clicking on a desktop icon (which happens to be an IE shortut). (as opposed to using a shorcut key, hotkey etc.)

How would I do this?

:rolleyes:Never mind... I figured it out. First, under properties, I changed the icon to a letter I would recognize (F), then I went to the menu, selected "Macros" and then "Place on Desktop"

Now all I need to do is click the desktop icon, just as if I were launching any other program.

Thanks

I want to activate a macro by clicking on a desktop icon (which happens to be an IE shortut). (as opposed to using a shorcut key, hotkey etc.)

How would I do this?

:rolleyes:Never mind... I figured it out. First, under properties, I changed the icon to a letter I would recognize (F), then I went to the menu, selected "Macros" and then "Place on Desktop"

Now all I need to do is click the desktop icon, just as if I were launching any other program.

Thanks

Recognize letters? how is this done ?

Recognize letters? how is this done ?

You look at the letter and - recalling your early school classes - you try to remember what it's called.

Sorry - couldn't resist!

:)

Seriously though, perhaps you didn't read jrtaylor's post carefully? He said "...I changed the icon to a letter I would recognize."

As they say, the devil is in the details! <_<

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

You look at the letter and - recalling your early school classes - you try to remember what it's called.

Sorry - couldn't resist!

:)

Seriously though, perhaps you didn't read jrtaylor's post carefully? He said "...I changed the icon to a letter I would recognize."

As they say, the devil is in the details! <_<

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thought he created a macro that would recognize the letter F when double clicked, but yes now that i read it well he changed the icon and placed the macro itself on the desktop

Thought he created a macro that would recognize the letter F when double clicked,...

I suppose you could do this with an editable (at least readable) text field. Using mouse keys to advance to each letter, select it, and copy it to the clipboard. Then set T1 = "f", T2 = clipboard, IF T1 = T2 return "yes," etc etc. ...