Macro Express Forums

Need Macro To Enable Mouse Scroll Wheel

Bob

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a macro that will sense a wheel mouse scroll for an application that does not "natively" utilitze a mouse scroll wheel. While I have used Macro Express for other projects in the past, I am not "extremely" proficient in writing fancier macros. I have tried a few shots at this but to no avail.

Does anyone have ything like this or could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Bob,

If the targeted application does not accept input from the wheel on the mouse, then there is nothing that Macro Express can do ... at least nothing that I can think of. It can only control what the application will accept. For example, if an application only accepts input from a keyboard, then any mouse commands would be ignored whether they came from your mouse or Macro Express.

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for your reply. I had the same hunch, which, unfortunately, you confirmed.  :(  I'll look around at any other options that I may have.

Try a program called Togglemouse, which among its many options, includes a feature to add wheel support to older applications that don't normally support such new-gangled technology!

http://www.toggle.com/