Macro Express Forums

Paste Variables

RDT

Hello all, I have been working with ME for the past few days. I am new to all of this and so far have been able to get a few things to work and save some time automating my business. However, I need to to understand something regarding variables. I don't know if I even need to use them but I am doing some testing. I have put a small macro together that sets two variables, T1 and T2.

T1 is the shipping address for a customer order and T2 is their email address. I want to take these items and paste them into my shipping software using the variables that were assigned. Is this possible or am I missing the bigger picture when it comes to variables. I would of assumed that there would be a paste variable command somewhere. For the life of me I can't find it. I think I am missing the big picture.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Easy, once you know how. In the Scripting Editor, choose "Text Type." Then wrap a variable name in percent signs. The resulting script will look something like this:

// Insert T1 - Shipping Address

Text Type: %T1%

// Tab to the next field...

Text Type: {Tab}

// Insert T2 - Email Address

Text Type: %T2%

Thank you very much. Just got to get used to the power all the features of this great program.

Easy, once you know how. In the Scripting Editor, choose "Text Type." Then wrap a variable name in percent signs. The resulting script will look something like this:

// Insert T1 - Shipping Address

Text Type: %T1%

// Tab to the next field...

Text Type: {Tab}

// Insert T2 - Email Address

Text Type: %T2%