Macro Express Forums

Announcing Macro Express Pro

Macro Express Pro is Here!

A major new update of Macro Express has been just been released. Here are some of the major new features in Macro Express Pro:

1. Run more than one macro at the same time.
  2. Edit multiple macros at the same time using the tabbed Script Editor.
  3. Have more than one macro file loaded at a time.
  4. Variables can now be named. They are not limited to %T1% but can now have names like %FirstName%.
  5. Additional variable types: Boolean, Handle, and Date/Time.
  6. Date/Time commands allow easier date and time comparisons in your macros.
  7. Many new macro activations.
  8. The Text Box Display command now allows you to set fonts and colors.
  9. Macros can now be activated when a hotkey is pressed down, not when it is released.
  10. Macros run faster.

There is much more that cannot be listed here. You can read more but the best way to become familiar with Macro Express Pro is to try it. As with all of our products, Macro Express Pro has a free 30 day trial. Download Macro Express Pro at www.macros.com/download.htm.

Macro Express 3 will continue to be sold under the name 'Macro Express'. Macro Express Pro is meant to fill the needs of the more advanced, or 'Pro', user. For a limited time Macro Express Pro is priced at $59.95. Special upgrade discounts are available. Upgrade soon, before the regular prices go into effect.

Not all of the web pages have been updated for Macro Express Pro. We will be working on the web pages at www.macros.com over the next few days or weeks.

Awesome! My most-hoped-for feature has been implemented: Date variables!

Sample:

<DATE/TIME Flags="\xB2" Date="12/19/2008 3:51:26 PM" Day_Offset="-2" Month_Offset="0" Year_Offset="0" Hour_Offset="0" Minute_Offset="0" Second_Offset="0" Left="Center" Top="Center" Monitor="0" Variable="%varTime%" IsDateVar="TRUE"/>

<CONVERT DATE/TIME TO DECIMAL Source="%varTime%" Dest="%varTimDec%"/>

<VARIABLE MODIFY DECIMAL Option="\x00" Destination="%varTimDec%" Value1="%varTimDec%" Value2="7"/>

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Sample " Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang1033{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Result is %varTimDec%...\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

1 Set date to date variable

2 Convert date var to decimal var

3 Do whatever you want to it!!! cha-ching!

Sign me up! -sk

My geek-o-meter just red-lined. I came to the forum just to check out the latest questions/answers and clicked

what I thought was the Macro Express 3.x forum and got a huge surprise...

I'm going to download the trial version right now, but I'm already planning on asking my wife to take back whatever

she got me for Christmas and exchange it for this!

Now to talk the Powers That Be at work to upgrade us. As if. :(

This forum is a great place to share information and ask questions. We would like to again thank Joe Weinpert of Professional Grade Macros for hosting the Macro Express and Macro Express Pro forums. Even though Insight Software Solutions employees make every effort to monitor these forums the official source for Insight Software Solutions support is by emailing us at info@wintools.com.

When bugs are reported in the forums we make every effort to enter them into our tracking system. Our tracking system will send you an email message when an issue is resolved. Because your email address may not be available on the forum, we cannot enter it into our tracking system and you may not be notified of the status of issues entered by us. We recommend that you enter bug reports and feature requests directly into our tracking system by utilizing the Report a Bug and Request a Feature web pages.

• 4 weeks later...