Macro Express Forums

Triple-Click Left Mouse Button

RDT

Can't seem to find it but need to have a triple-click left mouse button option. Anybody know if ME has it? If not, is there a work around?

There is a left-click and a double-click, but no triple-click.

However, a work-around that may work (depending on the speed setting of your mouse, computer, etc.):

Repeat Start (Repeat 3 times)
 Mouse Left Button Click
Repeat End

<REP3:01:000001:000001:00003:0:01:><LCLK><ENDREP>

Or maybe this could work for you:

Mouse Left Button Double Click
Mouse Left Button Click

<LDCLK><LCLK>

I tested them both on my system, and they both triple-clicked. I tested them on both a .wpd document as well as a .doc

document accessed through OpenOffice.org Writer. No problems encountered.

There is a left-click and a double-click, but no triple-click.

However, a work-around that may work (depending on the speed setting of your mouse, computer, etc.):

Repeat Start (Repeat 3 times)
 Mouse Left Button Click
Repeat End

<REP3:01:000001:000001:00003:0:01:><LCLK><ENDREP>

Or maybe this could work for you:

Mouse Left Button Double Click
Mouse Left Button Click

<LDCLK><LCLK>

I tested them both on my system, and they both triple-clicked. I tested them on both a .wpd document as well as a .doc

document accessed through OpenOffice.org Writer. No problems encountered.

I am using the Firefox browser and trying to triple click on a text body and can't get it to work. Tried both ideas above. Just not registering fast enough.

I am using the Firefox browser and trying to triple click on a text body and can't get it to work. Tried both ideas above. Just not registering fast enough.

Ok, I just pulled up a local news website in Firefox and tried it again (both versions). I discovered a minor problem. If I

clicked manually on the text immediately before running the triple-click macro, then I had some problems. I introduced a

0.4 second delay before the triple-click series to prevent the problems.

Ideally there is no need to click first, though. You just put the cursor where you want it, then run the macro. 0.4 seconds

isn't very long, though, so the delay could be advantageous to prevent yourself from inadvertently positioning the mouse,

and clicking the button before running the macro.

Other than that, I had no problem with the triple-click macro as I built it up above, even in Firefox. I don't know how

individual mouse-speed settings within your Control Panel might be affecting the functionality of the macro, or if maybe your

computer itself just isn't processing the clicks fast enough. I'm running a pretty fast computer at home, so I will try it again

on my considerably less exciting work computer tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the problem (I don't have access to a

Firefox browser at work, however).

I'm running a pretty fast computer at home, so I will try it again

on my considerably less exciting work computer tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the problem (I don't have access to a

Just ran these macros on my work computer with fantastic results. I also tried just a basic "Left click" macro that used the command

three times (without using the Repeat command).

I am firmly convinced that Macro Express, though it doesn't have a triple-click command, is able to simulate a triple click using the

methods outlined in my earlier posts. If your machine is not duplicating these results, I have my doubts about whether or not it would

be successful at running a triple-click command, if even if ME had one.

You may have more success if you open your Control Panel -> Mouse and then slow the double-click mouse speed (this doesn't slow

down how fast the double-click happens, rather it increases the maximum time between clicks to successfully execute a double-click).

Ok, I just pulled up a local news website in Firefox and tried it again (both versions). I discovered a minor problem. If I

clicked manually on the text immediately before running the triple-click macro, then I had some problems. I introduced a

0.4 second delay before the triple-click series to prevent the problems.

Ideally there is no need to click first, though. You just put the cursor where you want it, then run the macro. 0.4 seconds

isn't very long, though, so the delay could be advantageous to prevent yourself from inadvertently positioning the mouse,

and clicking the button before running the macro.

Other than that, I had no problem with the triple-click macro as I built it up above, even in Firefox. I don't know how

individual mouse-speed settings within your Control Panel might be affecting the functionality of the macro, or if maybe your

computer itself just isn't processing the clicks fast enough. I'm running a pretty fast computer at home, so I will try it again

Steve,

Thanks for the follow up and testing. I was in fact clicking on the text prior to running the macro. Thus it would not work. I did change it based on the above and it looks like we are good to go. Need to test out later in my full macro but looks promising. Thanks again.

Steve,

Thanks for the follow up and testing. I was in fact clicking on the text prior to running the macro. Thus it would not work. I did change it based on the above and it looks like we are good to go. Need to test out later in my full macro but looks promising. Thanks again.

Awesome! I do see the advantage of a triple-click command in Macro Express. Maybe a submission to the suggestions email would

be advantageous.