Macro Express Forums

Running ME3 macros under MEPro

Is MEPro able to read .mex files created by ME3?

If not, what's the easiest way to run all ME3 macros under MEPro?

Thanks,

Oded.

Yes. I just copied my main .MEX file across to here

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express Pro\FULL.mex

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I would avoid using the "Import Macro" option from the File Menu... tried it 3 times and just ended up locking up my Macro

Express on each attempt... You'd think I would have learned after the 2nd try, if not the 1st.

Honestly, though, if you have time to do it, I've found that manually re-creating my ME 3 macros in ME Pro has helped me

learn some of the tricks and features of the new version. Of course if you have hundreds or even just dozens of macros

to move... well, that just wouldn't be practical. Luckily, I have indefinite weeks/months before my work will even consider

an upgrade, and in the mean time, my at-home macros remain relatively few, and there is no deadline for me to get them

switched over.

The last couple I wrote (which were the first in ME Pro) have index numbers of 493 & 494. Many of that large number are

- trivial and should be deleted

- bug-ridden and/or not properly finished

- disabled

- downloaded from various sources because they looked interesting but probably not even tried yet

- obscure in function because they were before I developed some 'commenting' discipline

But that still leaves a lot that I use frequently. So - as I don't want the complication of trying to run ME 3 and ME Pro together (if that's even possible) - I've just copied the MEX across for the time being.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I would avoid using the "Import Macro" option from the File Menu... tried it 3 times and just ended up locking up my Macro

Express on each attempt... You'd think I would have learned after the 2nd try, if not the 1st.

I had the same problem. During the import process MacroExpress Pro locked up and had to be restarted. After a few attempts I got it to work and successfully imported all my version 3 macros.

I had the same problem. During the import process MacroExpress Pro locked up and had to be restarted. After a few attempts I got it to work and successfully imported all my version 3 macros.

If Macro Express appears to lock up when importing, check to see if the import dialog is underneath another window. Minimizing the Explorer and Editor windows often shows the underlying dialog.

Express on each attempt...

The problem is the import dialog appears underneath the Macro Explorer window. Minimizing the other windows or pressing Alt+Tab will show the import dialog. This issue has been entered into our tracking system and assigned the tracking number [iSS6281]/.

Bugs can be reported via our Report a Bug web page.

Feature requests can be entered via our Request a Feature web page.

The problem is the import dialog appears underneath the Macro Explorer window. Minimizing the other windows or pressing Alt+Tab will show the import dialog. This issue has been entered into our tracking system and assigned the tracking number [iSS6281]/.

Bugs can be reported via our Report a Bug web page.

Feature requests can be entered via our Request a Feature web page.

I've finally had a chance to check this, but there is no dialog hiding behind any windows. I used Win+M to minimize all (since I couldn't

minimize the Explorer window any other way), and found no dialog left up. I have also Alt+Tab cycled through every window running.

Since I've had this problem on two separate computers, while other people are not having the same trouble, I wonder if there is something

I am doing wrong (which is why I'm still posting in the forum rather than submitting a bug report... yet).

Steps I've taken to Import:

• In ME 3d I do File -> Export -> Export Macros... -> Select All -> Save File as C://Desktop etc.
  • In ME Pro I do File -> Import -> Import Macros... -> C://Desktop etc.
  • At this point ME Pro freezes. I can't click anywhere or change anything within ME Pro. I can right-click the taskbar icon and Terminate,
    however.

I've tried terminating ME 3 before importing on the off-chance it was interfering in some way. No luck. As stated before, Alt+Tabbing

through my windows reveals no hidden dialog box.

Is it a limitation of the 30 day trial version? Does anybody have any helpful tips that I could use to make this work the way I understand it is

supposed to?

If it matters:

One computer specs are: Vista Ultimate 32, sp1, 4G RAM, Quad Core 2.6 GHz

The other computer specs: XP Professional, sp2, 512M RAM, Intel Celeron 2GHz

The first computer only had maybe 20 macros I was trying to import, the second has over 250. Both freeze, so I don't imagine it's due to

the size of the import file.

Any advice would be spectacular. Thanks!