Macro Express Forums

Multiple Variable Prompt

Hey there design-team and fellow Pro users,

I've been looking forward to a particular feature, but am not sure if it has been built into ME Pro at this point (or even if it's in the

works): Multiple Variable Promts.

Example: I would love to be able to build a macro where a single prompt pops up with six fields each of which asks for one of the

following: Name, Street No., Street Name, City, State, and ZIP; where each piece of information would be assigned to a different variable

(such as T1 - T6), rather than having to build 6 different prompts into the macro.

I saw a way to do this through a pretty cool non-ME script, but I'm not programming savvy at all outside of Macro Express, and never felt

comfortable enough to attempt to build such scripts.

I had been really hoping that the next version of ME would have the option, but I can't find it, and don't know that it is part of this build.

If it is part of Pro, can somebody enlighten me on how to do it? Otherwise, I'll just saunter over to the Features Request form and add my

voice to the others who I'm sure would love to see this option in future ME builds.

I had been really hoping that the next version of ME would have the option, but I can't find it, and don't know that it is part of this build.

Alas, it is not built in to this release of Macro Express Pro and I do not know if it is planned for any future build. However, it is being considered as part of our (Professional Grade Macros) Macro Express Extended Library product, which is the name of the next generation PGM Functions Library. The release date is still to be determined. We have a ways to go.

I too would like to see a feature like this at some point. I guess this would be a sort of "form builder" similar to User-Defined Forms that are used in VBA...

========

I made myself an Outlook "Task maker" (MEv3) that collects the Subject and Date and pastes them into a new task... It has to be started from an active text field though. For example if I'm typing and I need to make a task, I type

Buy milk at the store

12-22-08

##myShortkey

The macro just uses

Text Type: <UP ARROW><SHIFT><END>

cut to clipboard, from clipboard to T1, repeat.

It works good for me, but if other people were using it, that wouldn't have any idea what to do....

Here's the code

<COMMENT Value="Makes an Outlook Task from 2 lines of editable text."/>
<COMMENT Value="GET INFO. ===== =================="/>
<CLIPBOARD EMPTY/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ARROW UP>"/>
<WAIT FOR TEXT PLAYBACK Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<SHIFT><END>"/>
<CLIPBOARD CUT/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x02" Destination="%dueDate%"/>
<CLIPBOARD EMPTY/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ARROW UP>"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<SHIFT><END>"/>
<CLIPBOARD CUT/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x02" Destination="%subject%"/>
<COMMENT Value="MAKE TASK ============================="/>
<PROGRAM LAUNCH Path="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE" Mode="\x00" Parameters="/c ipm.task" Default_Path="FALSE" Wait="1" Get_Console="FALSE"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Untitled - Task  " Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="10" Seconds="0"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>u%subject%"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>r%dueDate%"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>hav"/>