Macro Express Forums

multiple choice, etc, 36-variable limit?

is there any limit to the multiple choice boxes (had been 36 entries maximum), is this any larger now?

The allowable choices have doubled in size to 72. The sequence is A-Z, 0-9, AA-ZZ, and 00-99.

There is a question of whether or not you can go beyond this limit because there seems to be a bunch of blank lines at the tail end that can also hold values. My testing proved inconclusive, but for sure there are at least 72 allowable lines.

There is a VARIABLE tab, to the right.

I clicked on it, but as I just downlaoded this, the interface is initially overwhelming and I need to digest it.

BUT, does this VARIABLE tab allow ddition o OTHER variables (AB, AC, etc), so that actually we have 26(squared) choices possible, in the multiple choice?

The allowable choices have doubled in size to 72. The sequence is A-Z, 0-9, AA-ZZ, and 00-99.

There is a question of whether or not you can go beyond this limit because there seems to be a bunch of blank lines at the tail end that can also hold values. My testing proved inconclusive, but for sure there are at least 72 allowable lines.

I did some testing and here are some initial observations about the Multiple Choice Menu command.

• If 'Single Choice' is selected then there is no set limit for the number of items.

• If 'Single Choice' and ‘Item Value’ are selected, items above ‘9’ are characters such as : h and Ž. They do not result in AA BB CC … 99 as displayed on the left side of the dialog. When the number of choices exceeds 255 (the highest valid character value) then what is returned undefined. Something will be returned but the value will not be valid.

• If 'Multiple Choice' and 'Item Value' are selected then the choices are limited to 36.

• If 'Multiple Choice' and 'Item Text' are selected then there is no limit to the number of choices.

• The help topic needs to be updated to reflect these changes.

We will update the help topic.

• 3 months later...
If 'Single Choice' and ‘Item Value’ are selected, items above ‘9’ are characters such as : h and Ž. They do not result in AA BB CC … 99 as displayed on the left side of the dialog.
Is this not a bug? I did some more experiments and there is a danger here around HH as it returns "A"! Bad juju. I'll write it up in another post and do a bugrep.