Macro Express Forums

bugs

trying out MacroExpress PRO ... like it , but have several bugs

1. can't import my old Macros (from File Import option)

when I tried, it hung MEP , and I was unable to cancel, or close MEP, had to terminate it.

... but I was able to import by opening the old macro.mex file, it prompted to covert and it did successfully

2. after convertion, all the CATEGORIES are lost (that's okay, that's normal)

but I encountered the following..

a. I began creating new CATEGORIES

... in each "new" category, I noticed that instead of being empty, that each one contained a set of macros..

.. i created categories, a1, a2, a3, a4 etc. to see what was happening and found that each one had a different set of macros..

each set had been a categories in ME3 mex file ..

so I actually found this "feature" useful, as I recognized each group, renamed the CATEGORY (i.e. a1 --> IExplorerMacros etc.)

so I guess that the import, retained some ID that was assigned to each macro for a CATEGORY ID

and when I created new Categories ... each has some internal ID (maybe 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ....)

and since that matched the imported macros' category... they were assigned to the new ones in order of creation..

2. on terminate MEP ... (i think out of memory)

I encountered a loop, that forced me to reboot my PC...

1ST ERROR Window ..

.. The instruciton at "0x03706876" referenced meory at "0x03xxxx". THe memory could not be "read"

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

I clicked OK ,but it showed another error message

popup

Error

Runtime error 216 at 03706876

OK

click OK

then it lauched Microsoft Development Environment

and wouldn't let me close it , because MacroExpressPro was being debugged..

forced to reboot my PC..

I have 3 screen snaps of these events.. attached the last one

thanks

david

post-2472-1230080752_thumb.jpg

a couple more

some text display boxes are much larger , and off the screen, I can't get to the close / ok button to close it, had to resize it..

URL PROBLEM (rather serious if no workaround, or option to set)

urls that have xxxxxx %something%.xxxxxxxxx

cause MEP to stop, give error message (unable to find variable %something% )

dynamic pages may have the "%" as characters

... %statueofliberty%xxxxx etc..

Question:::: I love the named variables....

is there any way to do a global search and replace .. I'd like to replace global var's names that I use across multiple macros with named

ones that better describe their function

thanks

david

cause MEP to stop, give error message (unable to find variable %something% )

dynamic pages may have the "%" as characters

... %statueofliberty%xxxxx etc..

This was one of the few problems I've had since I switched over to Pro. Maybe it's a known issue - the price we have to pay in order to have the new unlimited variables feature? To get around it, I launch my browser and text type the address directly into the address bar, which adds a second or so, but works fine.

Maybe it would be possible to add an option to tell Macro Express Pro not to look for variables in the website address?

can't import my old Macros (from File Import option) when I tried, it hung MEP , and I was unable to cancel, or close MEP, had to terminate it.
The import dialog box is coming up underneath other windows on some systems. We are working on a fix. In the meantime you may want to try pressing Alt+Tab or minimizing other windows to go to the dialog. If that doesn't work pressing the ESC key should dismiss the hidden dialog and allow you to continue using Macro Express Pro.

The tracking number for this issue is [iSS6281]. This number is useful when checking with Insight Software Solutions Support about the status of this issue.

after convertion, all the CATEGORIES are lost (that's okay, that's normal) but I encountered the following..
This issue has been entered into our tracking system and assigned the tracking number [iSS6303]. To be notified when the status of this issue changes contact Support with your name, email address and the tracking number and ask to be added to this issue.

You may send bugs directly to the tracking system via our Report a Bug web page.

on terminate MEP ... (i think out of memory)

I encountered a loop, that forced me to reboot my PC...

This issue has been entered into our tracking system and assigned the tracking number [iSS6304]. Again, to be notified when the status of this issue changes contact Support with your name, email address and the tracking number and ask to be added to this issue.

You may send bugs directly to the tracking system via our Report a Bug web page.

The import dialog box is coming up underneath other windows on some systems. We are working on a fix. In the meantime you may want to try pressing Alt+Tab or minimizing other windows to go to the dialog. If that doesn't work pressing the ESC key should dismiss the hidden dialog and allow you to continue using Macro Express Pro.

The tracking number for this issue is [iSS6281]. This number is useful when checking with Insight Software Solutions Support about the status of this issue.

Though ESC does work for making ME Pro active again, Alt+Tab doesn't cycle to any dialog on the two systems I've installed ME Pro. Is

this a separate bug from the one listed above? Or is it just a variation of it? I will be happy to submit a new bug report if it is a different

bug altogether.

some text display boxes are much larger , and off the screen, I can't get to the close / ok button to close it, had to resize it..
This issue has been entered into our tracking system and assigned the number [iSS6305]. It would be helpful if you could provide a sample macro that exhibits this behavior. Please contact support. Be sure to reference [iSS6305].

This issue has been assigned the tracking number [iSS6306] and will be fixed quickly.

I love the named variables ... is there any way to do a global search and replace .. I'd like to replace global var's names that I use across multiple macros with named ones that better describe their function
You can do a search and replace within a macro. Press Ctrl+R in the Script Editor to display the search and replace dialog.

Regarding your second issue (the category conversion), I was wondering if you had a backup copy of the file that you encountered this issue with. I'm trying to create a fix for the program because it should have brought your categories over during the conversion and therefore making it not necessary to recreate your categories. The reason your macros are automatically jumping into the categories when you create them is because that information is being preserved, but for whatever reason, the categories themselves didn't get imported.

If you have a backup of the file, I was wondering if you would be willing to send it in so that we can test it and see if we missed something during the conversion process.