Macro Express Forums

Timer to show while delay?

yaqwa

Just a question - any chance to create a timer while a delay is running?

Mean i create a delay of 25 minutes or so and sometimes i want to know how long the delay is running in that moment.

so is there a chance to set up a counter so i can see how long it takes to the end of the delay?

i hope someone understand what i mean :-)

Just a question - any chance to create a timer while a delay is running?

Mean i create a delay of 25 minutes or so and sometimes i want to know how long the delay is running in that moment.

so is there a chance to set up a counter so i can see how long it takes to the end of the delay?

i hope someone understand what i mean :-)

You could do something like this:

Date/Time: Save "h:mm:ss AMPM" into %T1%
Text Box Display: Delay Start
Delay 1500 Seconds
Text Box Close: Delay Start

<DT:h:mm:ss AMPMT:01:1:><TBOX4:T:3:CenterCenter000278000200:000:Delay StartThe delay started at:
%T1%><DELAY:1500><TBCLOSE:Delay Start>

This code sets the current time to %T1% and then opens a text box which tells you what time the delay starts. The text box

remains open until the delay ends.

So as long as you know what time it is, you can easily figure out how long the delay has been running based on what time it

started.

Macro Express Pro allows multiple macros to run at the same time, though I haven't yet played with that functionality, you

could probably have a separate macro that you could run while the delay is still active that would tell you exactly how long

the delay had been running.

--- Edit

Ok I've been playing with the two macros at the same time feature, and I'm having some difficulty understanding what is

wrong. I'll post this on the Pro board as well, with code.

I start one macro with the delay, then I run the second macro during the delay, and I can't seem to get the second macro to

recognize the saved variables from the first macro. If I figure it out, or if somebody else does, I'll make sure a post gets

made here, too.

• 4 months later...

Hi - tried this and it worked fine - but -

how can i change this into "The delay will end at:

mean take the time the delay started + 5 minutes and tell me in a message box the end time

hope i explained it right so everyone can understand :-)

--- Edit

Ok I've been playing with the two macros at the same time feature, and I'm having some difficulty understanding what is

wrong. I'll post this on the Pro board as well, with code.

I start one macro with the delay, then I run the second macro during the delay, and I can't seem to get the second macro to

recognize the saved variables from the first macro. If I figure it out, or if somebody else does, I'll make sure a post gets

made here, too.

I haven't seen your ME Pro post yet. But the OP has now started a thread there, so I'll post my example of concurrent macros there too in a few minutes.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Hi - tried this and it worked fine - but -

how can i change this into "The delay will end at:

mean take the time the delay started + 5 minutes and tell me in a message box the end time

hope i explained it right so everyone can understand :-)

If I understood you correctly, it is a simple matter of adding a second Date/Time Save command (in this case I'll be saving the current time + 25 minutes

into the future to %T2%:

Date/Time: Save "h:mm:ss AMPM" into %T1%
Date/Time: Save "h:mm:ss AMPM" into %T2%
Text Box Display: Delay Start
Delay 1500 Seconds
Text Box Close: Delay Start

<DT:h:mm:ss AMPMT:01:1:><DT:h:mm:ss AMPMT:02:3:{P00000}{P00000}{P00000}{F00025}><TBOX4:T:3:CenterCenter000278000200:000:Delay StartThe delay started at:
%T1%
The delay will end at:
%T2%><DELAY:1500><TBCLOSE:Delay Start>

I haven't seen your ME Pro post yet. But the OP has now started a thread there, so I'll post my example of concurrent macros there too in a few minutes.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Yeah, it looks like the problem I was having has to do with Saving variables. I've had to rethink just about every aspect of how I use variables for ME Pro. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it's resulted in a lot of errors and frustrating losses of time. I'm completely re-writing all of my macros that use Save/Variables and starting to use Registry Keys and Values to save variables information. It's a little bit more work on the coding end than "Save All Variables" and "Restore All Variables," and (with very few exceptions - which may be user/PC related) is as reliable as, if not more reliable than Save Variables ever was. Even with the exceptions I mention, it seems more reliable than Save Variables has been in my experience with MEP.

What about a count down instead?

<REP3:01:000030:0000-1:00030:1:01:><TBOX4:T:5:CenterCenter000278000200:1.1:30 second countdown%N1% Seconds remaining.><ITDELAY:1><ENDREP>

Of course, you might want to use minutes rather than seconds.