Macro Express Forums

Launching Mouse Locator - Copyright message!

I have a simple macro I've used for years in ME 3 that just launches the Mouse Locator. But in ME Pro it fails, issuing this message:

Mouse Locator is Copyright © 2001-2008 Insight Software Solutions, Inc.

and is distributed with the Macro Express Software package.

License to use this program is only available with a Macro Express license.

(I have licenses for both ME 3 and ME Pro.)

---------

I've now changed the macro from the single command

Program Launch: "MSLocate.exe"

to

Window Activate: Macro Express Pro - Explorer

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>tl

which now seems to work OK, although not so transparently as the simpler original as it activates ME Explorer.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

To fix your original macro change the path that points to MSLocate.exe to use Macro Express Pro's MSLocate instead of Macro Express 3's. You cannot launch Macro Express 3's Mouse Locator from Macro Express Pro or vice versa.

Better yet, use the Variable Set From Misc command to write macros that are portable between major versions or if you decide to install Macro Express or Macro Express Pro in a different folder.

Variable Set From Misc:  "Installation Path" into %T[1]% // Get the path to where Macro Express or Macro Express Pro is installed
Launch Program and Activate Window: Program "MSLocate.exe", Parameters "", Window "Mouse Locator" // Launch the Mouse Locator from that path.

To fix your original macro change the path that points to MSLocate.exe to use Macro Express Pro's MSLocate instead of Macro Express 3's. You cannot launch Macro Express 3's Mouse Locator from Macro Express Pro or vice versa.

Thanks Kevin, that fixed it.

Better yet, use the Variable Set From Misc command to write macros that are portable between major versions or if you decide to install Macro Express or Macro Express Pro in a different folder.

I'll give that a try too sometime soon.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK