Macro Express Forums

cpu use, can't use the program

just an fyi, I am (trying to) use this on Vista and XP, still get crashes on startup (for player), cpu usage jumps to 50% immediately if not more.

I really can't do anything with the program

new release soon?

any fixes?

I don't mind testing when the program lets me GET to macro creation, but I don't hav time to test to get basic program operation s going.

thasnk

nick

just an fyi, I am (trying to) use this on Vista and XP, still get crashes on startup (for player), cpu usage jumps to 50% immediately if not more.

I really can't do anything with the program

We again thank Professional Grade Macros for hosting these forums. Insight Software Solutions employees make every effort to monitor these forums but to get help with specific issues you need to contact our support department directly. Here is the contact information.

I am running and have been running MEP for months on XP, 2000, 2003, and Vista across many machines with none of the problems you describe. ISS has been developing this product for a long time now and the current release is pretty stable. My guess is that there may be some problem with your system or you may have a problem with one of your old macros. In any case you should open a support incident with ISS. But before that you might try one other thing. There are a small number of bugs with MEP and a couple have to do with conversion from old files. You might try starting with a blank file and see how it behaves. Also you say CPU usage is 50% but do you know for sure MEP is causing the usage? Have you actually looked at the processes in the task manager? It's possible some security software is getting worried about MEP and causing all your problems. Also you might try booting to Safe Mode and run MEP there. But the takeaway for you is that MEP normally runs fine on XP and Vista so it's probably not that it's buggy but that there's something up with your system or configuration.

Thanks for reply.

re: cpu, yes it is MEpro, 50%, in task manager, I have to use task manager to kil the program, and then cpu goes back to 2%

re: new file, I am TRYING to create a new file, it still crashes out, I'm not even trying to open the converted macro

QUESTION -

HOW to completely uninstall MePro, including registry entries, and And NOT affect MEver3, as I need ver. 3 to run a couple exsting mcro's

I did do an uninistal/reinsall

thanks

Nicik

You should be able to simply Uninstall MEP from the "Add Remove Programs" in the control panel. ME3 and MEP keep all there stuff in different program file folders and registry branches so one should not affect the other. For this reason I would like to suggest that you not give up on MEP just yet. I have been using ME3 and MEP on the same machines for a long time with no problem. Simply go to your startup group and delete the shortcut to MEP if you don't want it to start at startup. Then perhaps try to reinstall MEP at some point and get some help from ISS to figure out why your installation is failing.

thanks for reply, I sent this to support just now, for review.

re: giviing up, no chance, that is why I bought the two-user upgrade, and will be buying a 5-user licese, bought it WITHOUT even testing the software, because I know they have agreat product, been using it for (since) 2002

but it is frustrating that I can't get past first base with this, and that is with two separate machines. I'm ready to take a hammer to the machines

re: uninstall, I had already done that, on both machines.

still same issue

I start program, player crashes, icon shows up in taskbar, but I right click, and no menu to close it, I have to go to task bar to shut it down

Any suggestions otherwise, to try, are appreciated.

Nick

ADDENDUM, I am indicated t receive email replies for this thread, BUT I did NOT recieve email notification of last two replies (but did receive notification of first reply)

ADDENDUM, I am indicated t receive email replies for this thread, BUT I did NOT recieve email notification of last two replies (but did receive notification of first reply)

I know that antispam filters can sometimes catch things like these forum notifications but i seem to only get about 40% of the notifications on average. I suspect there is something wrong with InvisionZone's notification system. I have talked with others who share the same suspicion. Maybe when Joe gets a free moment he can bug them about it.

When the program crashes do you get any kind of address or a callstack? I ask because it's useful to us in tracking down exactly what is causing the problem (as Cory said, it's probably a conversion problem). Also, for additional information, would you mind sending us a copy of the macro file you're using? A lot of times we can track down issues using the file a lot faster than following the error information.