Macro Express Forums

Macro malfunctions if asked to type <DELETE>

A macro simplified to the following:

Keystroke Speed: 50 milliseconds

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <DELETE>

instead of doing what it's supposed to do, instead runs rapidly and repeatedly (about 10 times per second) without doing anything. I must finally abort the macro. If instead of "<DELETE>" an ordinary letter is substituted, the macro works correctly. Do others find the same problem?

A macro simplified to the following:

Keystroke Speed: 50 milliseconds

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <DELETE>

instead of doing what it's supposed to do, instead runs rapidly and repeatedly (about 10 times per second) without doing anything. I must finally abort the macro. If instead of "<DELETE>" an ordinary letter is substituted, the macro works correctly. Do others find the same problem?

What is the context? What is being deleted?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I don't see that it should make any difference, but for example I ran it in Notepad with a character highlighted that should then have been deleted, but wasn't.

Given your other reported problems, it sounds like either ME is not properly installed or there is some obscure conflict with another application or process. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing ME and then running it with the bare minimum of other processes?

Is there anything odd about the way you're activating this macro? Does it give same problem when run with F9 from Script Editor?

Trivial though it is, I'd suggest you post the code of the malfunctioning macro.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK