Macro Express Forums

Program "wait" And Text Recog

cyberchief

Yes, that was reference to the Window Controls chapter of the book. And because you are "in the middle of it" right now with a problem, I will ask Joe send you a URL where you can download a PDF document of the book after we receive the order from Insight Software Solutions so you do not have to wait for the mail.

Floyd, I am still having trouble with finding text within the control on the screen (the entire order screen is the control). I have another thread started anew on this (now that I have a better idea of what is going on).
You need to capture the text that is on your screen into the clipboard so that you can use Macro Express to find whether certain strings exist. And then you need to figure out from that where to move your cursor. Can you capture (using Capture Control) the inside part of the window? In other words, is the inside area a control unto itself? If not I have another solution for you.

Thanks Floyd,

Our Operations Manager is not in today... (IM shows offline). I will chech with him tomorrow or Monday about getting the book. I already advised him to order it... but I don't know if he has or not. We WILL be ordering it. But I understand if you need to hold off sending me the URL.

The whole of the screen is a control unto itself. When I "Get Control", the entire frame highlights with a border... as it does if I am getting a control like the status bar.

Talking with Randall... I was able to select all (entire screen) and copy that to a clip board. It brings with it the text fields and tab areas (I hope I am not confusing you... the order entry screen has areas for text and you can either tab in between them... or the cursor autmatically moves to the next one if you run out of space). But from there, I am not sure how to figure out where to go in order to move my cursor.

Hi Cyberchief,

A quick google search for "Rumba macro" turned up several hits. Rumba has built in macro support. I wonder if Rumba macros would give you access to specific fields on the screen. You may even be able to use Macro Express and one or more Rumba macros together to accomplish what you need.

Hi Cyberchief,

A quick google search for "Rumba macro" turned up several hits. Rumba has built in macro support. I wonder if Rumba macros would give you access to specific fields on the screen. You may even be able to use Macro Express and one or more Rumba macros together to accomplish what you need.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I have worked with the Rumba Macros before... I can get it to find the BN1, but not set focus to it. Though... my experience with the Rumba Macros is not extensive.

But from there, I am not sure how to figure out where to go in order to move my cursor.
I am assuming that when you capture the control (and the text comes with it) that you are saving the text to a string variable. If so, can you tell from the string which fields are there, what they contain, and so forth? Also, if a field does exist, is it always going to be in the same <Tab> position?

Yes, I can do that... but the text is NOT always in the same tab position... that is the problem. It could be in one of a hundred different tab positions.

See attached file... This is a screen print of our order app. Every where you see the Underscore or raw text is a text field. the spaces in between them represent the beginning and end of the text fields... so you can tab between them. If you are at the beginning of the text field and hit tab, it will bring the cursor to the beginning of the next text field. As you can see... there are MANY text fields on the screen. Just in the data fields below the headers, there are 6 text (tab) positions and there are 20 rows... that is 120 potential spots to find the text. Now you see my dilema.

post-2-1112304950_thumb.jpg

hi, cyberchief;

Again I would suggest you could email the clipboard contents, control content variable or whatever form you have it, as a a text file to me (as an offer) or someone (if you prefer), and I think I could generate this part of your macro by counting tabs (, if not directly replacing). The macro could find the text each time, and count the tabs each time for you.

best, Randall

hi, cyberchief;

Again I would suggest you could email the clipboard contents, control content variable or whatever form you have it, as a a text file to me (as an offer) or someone (if you prefer), and I think I could generate this part of your macro by counting tabs (, if not directly replacing). The macro could find the text each time, and count the tabs each time for you.

best, Randall

Thanks Randall. Email sent.