Macro Express Forums

How can I disable the 'enter' key from triggering a macro using shortkeys?

Hi all,

By default, MPro uses space bar and 'enter' key to tigger a maco using shortkeys. I was able to disable the space bar by simply adding a space in the 'invalid characters' box under activations --> shortkeys. How can I disable the use of 'enter' key from doing the same?

Any hep will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi all,

By default, MPro uses space bar and 'enter' key to tigger a maco using shortkeys. I was able to disable the space bar by simply adding a space in the 'invalid characters' box under activations --> shortkeys. How can I disable the use of 'enter' key from doing the same?

Any hep will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you saying that macros to which you've assigned a shortkey are being triggered when you press Space followed by Enter? Or by one or other of these, which I believe should be the case?

What do you have as your Prefix or Suffix in Options > Preferences > Shortkeys? It sounds as if you're using a Suffix? If so, I'm not clear why you would want to disable those final activation keys?

Have you read the Help on this, as there are several points to watch out for?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

The way i have always did it with MacroExpress (a while ago) and having to migrate from Perkect KB, I want a shortkey to trigger a macro only if it's followed by a ';' character. I do not want it to trigger followed by a space OR 'enter'.

I have a shortkey of 'sid'. If i type 'sid;' it expands to 'system identifier', but if i type 'the word sid means ...' i do not want it to expand in the middle of a sentance or at the end of paragraph followed by the 'enter' to start a new one.

In otherwords, I disabled use of space bar as a suffix but did not find a way to to disable 'enter'. Hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you.

The way i have always did it with MacroExpress (a while ago) and having to migrate from Perkect KB, I want a shortkey to trigger a macro only if it's followed by a ';' character. I do not want it to trigger followed by a space OR 'enter'.

I have a shortkey of 'sid'. If i type 'sid;' it expands to 'system identifier', but if i type 'the word sid means ...' i do not want it to expand in the middle of a sentance or at the end of paragraph followed by the 'enter' to start a new one.

In otherwords, I disabled use of space bar as a suffix but did not find a way to to disable 'enter'. Hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you.

OK, I see what you mean now. Can't think of an easy solution though. I use the Prefix method, so I'd be typing '##sid' whenever I wanted to get 'system identifier'. Are you firmly set on Suffixes with a semicolon activator? If you use that combination a lot, it seems to me that you're going to run into problems with words that happen to end in your shortkey string and could unwantedly trigger your macro.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK