Macro Express Forums

how this works

Just wanted to know before i upgrade if it is going to be able to do what i want it to do. I use this on a game that i play in windowed mode. If i can run two macro at the same time i could in theory run two windowed game sessions. They will overlap and i need the mouse for it to work proper. Just want to clear up things

thanks

MBone

Normally, no. Windows will not send keystrokes, mouse movements or mouse clicks to a window that does not have focus (is on top). Macro Express sends keystrokes and mouse events to Windows and then Windows sends them to the application with focus. You cannot send information to two different windows using the standard Text Type, Mouse Move and mouse click commands

There is, however, a way to do this if your application supports Window Controls. Using Window Control commands you may be able to send keystrokes, mouse movements and mouse clicks to two different windows at the same time and focus will not matter. For a sample macro that demonstrates this, open the samples.mex file (installed with Macro Express in the same folder where the Macro Express program files are installed) and look at the macro titled 'Calc ulator and Note pad' (the extra spaces are part of the name). Samples.mex is also available on our Sample Macros page.

Generally trying to 'do' games with ME doesn't work well. Not to mention 'YOUR CHEATING!' :) Just kidding. My point is that games, depending on the level pf sophistication, are often written in a way that doesn't lend themselves to ME interaction. Secondly the game makers have become aware of all these people trying to use cheat-ware like the so called 'aim-bots' so they have been changing their systems to thwart software like this and by extension ME. We used to get people fairly frequently back in the ME3 forum who were tying to do this and it was always a difficult if not impossible.

And besides, games are to have fun and relax. Making a computer play a computer game takes all the fun out of it. It's like having a robot drive a formula one car. What's the point?

Kevin, thanks for the info. Get control doesnt work with the game.

Cory, yea it is cheating. And it is doing the not so fun part of the game. This is not a FPS style game. The game i play does change but i use the Optical patterns to get away from using it to read files to react to changes. The use of this is for crafting style of items. And yes i do play the game to relax and this give me more time to go "PK" hunting and get away from the "grinding".

thanks

MBone

and i use this to play while i am not there to do the " :ph34r: work" and then i get to do the "fun" :P