Macro Express Forums

Variables under wrong type

I'm still getting more odd behaviour I can't understand. This is nothing to do with the recently discussed '%xx%' issue that Stan posted a conclusion about yesterday. I've been baffled to find that I'm not being offered the use of a named variable that I've already used in another command in that same macro. When I look a little closer, I discover that it's because it's being shown under the wrong type.

For example I had this command in place to enter a reading into a box:

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): %ElecMeter%<TAB>

That was specified as an Integer variable.

But when I tried to add another command using ElecMeter, it didn't exist under Integer but under Text Variables.

Any feedback before I report this as another bug please? In particular, I recall this sounds similar to a problem raised by Scasper recently? In the absence of any 'Bugs reported' list from ISS, I don't want to duplicate bug submissions, but neither do I want to let any fall through the cracks.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Can you post a copy of your macro and steps to reproduce what you witnessed? I'd be happy to see if the same thing happens on my system. FWIW I've never seen a variable ever appear under a wrong type.

Can you post a copy of your macro and steps to reproduce what you witnessed? I'd be happy to see if the same thing happens on my system. FWIW I've never seen a variable ever appear under a wrong type.

Thanks, I'll have a go tomorrow afternoon Cory. But from what you say I suspect it's down to me, so I'll do some more methodical tests.

--

Thanks, I'll have a go tomorrow afternoon Cory. But from what you say I suspect it's down to me, so I'll do some more methodical tests.

--

Cory,

I've been unsuccessful in reproducing that behaviour, so reckon it must have been due to some carelessness of mine. ;)

--