Macro Express Forums

Text Display 'colours'?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I haven't found anything in Help about this. For a Text Display Command, the drop-down list in the Box Content section doesn't just show a list of colours as I'd expect. Apart from all entries being prefixed with 'cl' (presumably meaning 'colour' - but why?), there are many entries like:

clWindowText

clWindowFrame

cl3DLight

clNone

clInactiveBorder

etc.

Using any of these just seems to result in a colour being applied anyway, so what is their purpose please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I haven't found anything in Help about this. For a Text Display Command, the drop-down list in the Box Content section doesn't just show a list of colours as I'd expect. Apart from all entries being prefixed with 'cl' (presumably meaning 'colour' - but why?), there are many entries like:

clWindowText

clWindowFrame

cl3DLight

clNone

clInactiveBorder

etc.

These are the colors assigned to specific parts of Windows. On different computers clWindowText may be be black, dark gray or white depending on the theme or custom color choices. The 'cl' does refer to 'color'. This is the way our development environment (Delphi) names colors.

I agree, it would be helpful to document these in the help. I have added the feature request. The tracking number is [iSS6426].

These are the colors assigned to specific parts of Windows. On different computers clWindowText may be be black, dark gray or white depending on the theme or custom color choices. The 'cl' does refer to 'color'. This is the way our development environment (Delphi) names colors.

I agree, it would be helpful to document these in the help. I have added the feature request. The tracking number is [iSS6426].

Thanks Kevin.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK