Macro Express Forums

Can´t activate windows!

Alexis

I have a problem with a simple Macro called „Do-List Activator“. It simply activates a word-document called Do-List with the single command „Activate Window: “Do-List.doc – Microsoft Word“

It works perfectly, but if i want to call that macro via Commandline ("c:\program files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /A Do-List Activator) something strange happens. The word document gets not activated. But in the taskbar the Microsoft-Word button gets orange and in the list of word documents this documentname ist highlighted orange too.

What´s wrong.

By the way i use mouse gestures (StrokeIt) to call that macro. I recommend that tool very much. Other macros called by strokeIt perform normally.

Thank You

Alexandra

I have a problem with a simple Macro called „Do-List Activator“. It simply activates a word-document called Do-List with the single command „Activate Window: “Do-List.doc – Microsoft Word“

It works perfectly, but if i want to call that macro via Commandline ("c:\program files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /A Do-List Activator) something strange happens. The word document gets not activated. But in the taskbar the Microsoft-Word button gets orange and in the list of word documents this documentname ist highlighted orange too.

What´s wrong.

Alexander,

To have any chance of isolating the problem, I suggest we need to consider the ME and StrokeIt aspects separately!

I based my test on your description and the result works fine here

- when activated by d-clicking from the desktop.

- when activated from the Run box

- when activated from a command line in a 'DOS' window (in XP Pro here).

My macro is:

// Activate Word document Do-List Activator - Alexis post

Program Launch: "Do-List Activator.doc"

Macro Return

<REM2:Activate Word document Do-List Activator - Alexis post><LAUNCHDEL2:0:01C:\Docs\SUNDRY\Macro Express\Do-List Activator.doc><MRETURN>

And my shortcut target is "C:\Program Files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /MXEC:\Docs\MXE files\Mine\ActivateWord-Alexis.mxe

Which differs significantly from yours.

I used Export > Export as Playable Macro, and then prefixed that filename (including full path) with

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /MXE

By the way i use mouse gestures (StrokeIt) to call that macro. I recommend that tool very much. Other macros called by strokeIt perform normally.

This aspect is plainly OT for this forum, even though the competitive product is freeware, so if necessary we can discuss it by email (terrypin at dial dot pipex dot com). But first please confirm you still have the problem after considering my comments above.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thank you Terry,

nice workaround but not what i want. Playable Macros (.mxe) work almost always. I prefer using commandlines instead because than i can easily modify the macro normally without the need to export it again and make a new link to the .mxe-file.

I found out that my problem has nothing to do with strokeIt. I get the same strange behaveior if i call the macro via the run box or by rightclicking on the macro in the macro explorer.

While i was typing this MEX chrashed. Well i´m glad it did cause after restarting MEX reacts normally and i can call any macros in my library with a move of my mouse.

OH HAPPY DAY! :rolleyes:

I hope i´m not stressing any board rules here, but i think it is not wrong to exchange her some experiences of using our wonderful tool MEX. I personally would love to know how you or other users make the most of Macro Express. Quite frankly i think due to the complexity of MEX most users use it not half up it´s potential.

Well, maybe the members of this forum do. ;) Thank you.

Alexandra

Thank you Terry,

nice workaround but not what i want. Playable Macros (.mxe) work almost always. I prefer using commandlines instead because than i can easily modify the macro normally without the need to export it again and make a new link to the .mxe-file.

I found out that my problem has nothing to do with strokeIt. I get the same strange behaveior if i call the macro via the run box or by rightclicking on the macro in the macro explorer.

While i was typing this MEX chrashed. Well i´m glad it did cause after restarting MEX reacts normally and i can call any macros in my library with a move of my mouse.

OH HAPPY DAY! :rolleyes:

I hope i´m not stressing any board rules here, but i think it is not wrong to exchange her some experiences of using our wonderful tool MEX. I personally would love to know how you or other users make the most of Macro Express. Quite frankly i think due to the complexity of MEX most users use it not half up it´s potential.

Well, maybe the members of this forum do. ;) Thank you.

Alexandra

Glad to hear you got it working.

Are you sure about that command syntax? According to Joe Weinpert's 'Macro Express Explained', page 106, spaces are not allowed between /A and the name. You had

"c:\program files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /A Do-List Activator but I think it should be

"c:\program files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /ADo-List Activator

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK