Macro Express Forums

abort macro hotkey

In macro express 3.x, I have the abort macro hotkey (preferences/playback) set to the Pause key.

1) if I have macro express 3.x and macro express Pro running simultaneously on my system, can I have the same abort macro hotkey defined for both applications or, if I do that, will that abort hotkey work for only one of the programs?

2) since macro express Pro allows for multiple macros to run simultaneously, what happens if more than one macro is running and I press the abort macro hotkey (or right click the running man icon? Does it abort all macros currently running in macro express Pro?

3) by the way, do 3.x and Pro have different system tray icons to distinguish them when they are running simultaneously?

In macro express 3.x, I have the abort macro hotkey (preferences/playback) set to the Pause key.

1) if I have macro express 3.x and macro express Pro running simultaneously on my system, can I have the same abort macro hotkey defined for both applications or, if I do that, will that abort hotkey work for only one of the programs?

2) since macro express Pro allows for multiple macros to run simultaneously, what happens if more than one macro is running and I press the abort macro hotkey (or right click the running man icon? Does it abort all macros currently running in macro express Pro?

3) by the way, do 3.x and Pro have different system tray icons to distinguish them when they are running simultaneously?

#3: Yes.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

#1. Yes, you can use the same abort hot key in both Macro Express 3 and Macro Express Pro. If you have two macros running, one started by each program, the abort key will stop the last macro started.

#2. The abort key will stop all macros running that were started by Macro Express Pro.