Macro Express Forums

Decimal and Integer Leading Zeros

randallf

Hello,

I am working with functions that use integer variables to store a number of hours or minutes and short of using "if mintues variable called > 9 text type 0" every time I want to call the minutes integer, how can I force it to keep the number as "02" instead of just "2"? Would I be forced to use a string?

What a pain!

Thanks!

Hello,

I am working with functions that use integer variables to store a number of hours or minutes and short of using "if mintues variable called > 9 text type 0" every time I want to call the minutes integer, how can I force it to keep the number as "02" instead of just "2"? Would I be forced to use a string?

What a pain!

Thanks!

It really isn't that much of a problem to code this.

If I understand what you're trying to do, you're saving the hours or minutes to an Integer variable that you are then using the Text Type command to type it

out, and you want to avoid having code that types 0 before typing %N1% (or whichever integer variable you're using). Unfortunately, integer variables can't

have leading zeroes, so you'll either need code that says, as you indicated:

If %N1% <= 9

Text Type 0%N1%

Else

Text Type %N1%.

End if

As is, this should work fine and not be a problem; however, depending on what exactly you are trying to accomplish, or depending on the particular needs of

your macro, you might want to convert the %N% variable into a %T% variable as I've done below (this is more complicated than the simple If/Then from up

above, but it is also a little more versatile - and provides the same results):

Variable Set Integer %N1% to 2
Variable Set Integer %N1% from Prompt
Variable Modify Integer: Convert %N1% to text string %T1%
If Variable %N1% <= 9
 Variable Set String %T2% "0"
 Variable Modify String: Append %T1% to %T2%
 Variable Set String %T1% "%T2%"
End If
Text Box Display: T1

<IVAR2:01:01:2><IVAR2:01:02:FEnter ValueFFCenter:Center><NMVAR:05:01:0:0000001:0:0000000><IFVAR2:2:01:6:9><TVAR2:02:01:0><TMVAR2:08:02:01:000:000:><TVAR2:01:01:%T2%><ENDIF><TBOX4:T:1:CenterCenter000278000200:000:T1%T1%>

Of course, in lieu of the Text Box Display that I used, you'll want to use Text Type %T1%

Well really I discovered there are only a few places that I need it so it is easier to <10 and type a leading zero

Text Type: %N2%:
:P  If Variable %N4% < 10
Text Type: 0
 End If
 Text Type: %N4% %T2%

But thank you for the great reply, it's great to know more about ME in this area!