Macro Express Forums

Wait For Web Page Done

Wulfgar

Hi All,

I've looked back through the archives, and I can't find a post to fit this situation.

I'm moving from one web page to another. They are on a server, so the URL doesn't change.

I want to capture the control "msctls_statusbar32" (that's the IE status bar). When the web page is finished loading, it displays "Done."

I want to wait for the Done, not just delay a set amount of time. Wait for Done indefinitely if necessary.

I've captured the control into C1, and the control text displays "Done", so I know I have the right control.

How specifically do I code the bit about waiting for C1 to equal "Done"?

I'm missing that part!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm new here... but wanted to post my thoughts... I am interested in seeing what the guru's have to say about this suggestion or see what other ways you could do this... here is what I have thought of:

Repeat Until %T1% Does not contain "DONE"
 Variable Get Control Text: %C1% to %T1%
 If Variable %T1% does not contain "DONE"
   Break
 Repeat End

<REP3:08:000008:000001:0001:0:01:DONE><VARGETCONT:1:1><IFVAR2:1:01:8:DONE><BREAK><ENDREP>

I had to modify it a bit, but it looks like it's going.

Of course, I have no way of delaying the "Done", so I'll have to wait for some big system lag to truly know...

Get Control %C1%

Delay 0.5 Seconds

Repeat Until %T99% Contains "Done"

Variable Get Control Text: %C1% to %T99%

If Variable %T99% does not contain "Done"

Break

End If

Repeat End

Thank you much...

I think you may want to change the following line:

Repeat Until %T99% Contains "Done"

to

Repeat Until %T99% Does not contain "Done"

The way I see it... if you leave it your way... it will terminate after the first cycle... because %T99% will contain done and you want it to repeat until it does NOT contain "Done".

Welcome to the group Wulfgar!

Re: Wulfgar - I'm moving from one web page to another. They are on a server, so the URL doesn't change.
Another option that should work is the Wait for Web Page command, even if the URL does not change. This command waits until IE reports that it is done "working". Leave the URL field blank.

Welcome to the group Wulfgar!

Thank you! I'm darn glad to be here. I love this program so much, I've built my current career around it. But it still confounds me on a regular basis.

Another option that should work is the Wait for Web Page command, even if the URL does not change. This command waits until IE reports that it is done "working". Leave the URL field blank.

I didn't know that! I'll try it.