Macro Express Forums

Using a variable as an array index?

Although I've studied the thread http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php...83&hl=array in which mfseeker suggested a way to achieve this, so far I've had no success. And I see nothing in Help about it.

Can anyone post a simple example please? I've been trying to process a set of text values with a Repeat loop, to get all the values into T[1], T[2], T[3], etc, but I'm stumped.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Here's a simple example. It will ask you for the year make and model of 3 cars and then play them back for you. Both ends use an index integer variable created from a repeat command.

It had been a long time since I used arrays but I was boning up on them again learning VB and I realized I was thinking of arrays like rows of data when I should have been thinking about them as columns of data. This way we can have easily accessible tabular data without having to resort to sticking it in a file and using ASCII repeat.

I hope this helps!

Array_Demo.mex

Here's a simple example. It will ask you for the year make and model of 3 cars and then play them back for you. Both ends use an index integer variable created from a repeat command.

It had been a long time since I used arrays but I was boning up on them again learning VB and I realized I was thinking of arrays like rows of data when I should have been thinking about them as columns of data. This way we can have easily accessible tabular data without having to resort to sticking it in a file and using ASCII repeat.

I hope this helps!

Sure does, thanks Cory! ;)

I'm pretty sure that the reason I was getting in a mess was that I was using N and T in commands like this

Variable Set String %T[%N%]% from the clipboard contents.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK