Macro Express Forums

Why no Comments tab on some commands?

Is there a good reason why there's no Comments tab for several commands? For example, Clipboard Copy and Clipboard Paste? I often want to explain what I'm copying or pasting, but cannot do so. Similarly, I'd like to be able to say what and/or why I'm left or right mouse clicking. Placing a Comment before or after these commands is an unsatisfactory second-best IMO.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

There is no comment tab as most of these commands don't have a dialog so in these cases just hit the comment button on the right. I had the same issue back in the beta days and Kevin set me stright.

There is no comment tab as most of these commands don't have a dialog so in these cases just hit the comment button on the right. I had the same issue back in the beta days and Kevin set me stright.

Thanks Cory. But if you mean the Notes tab, that doesn't show up alongside the command in your script. So yes, it's a work-around, but nowhere near as handy as a proper Comment.

--

No, not the notes tab. On the right side of the Script Editor window there are four icons. The bottom one looks like a piece of paper. Hover over it and it says 'Comment'. Click and you can add an 'in line' comment to a command that does not have a dialog. In fact, you can use this to add a comment to any command.

No, not the notes tab. On the right side of the Script Editor window there are four icons. The bottom one looks like a piece of paper. Hover over it and it says 'Comment'. Click and you can add an 'in line' comment to a command that does not have a dialog. In fact, you can use this to add a comment to any command.

Well I'm darned - thanks Cory! Never seen that before. :rolleyes:

--