Macro Express Forums

How does Wait for Text Playback work?

I saw mention of this in another post and was unaware of the command. It sounds very interesting but I would like to know how it works. I read the help file but as usual it contained no technical description. I would like to know how it is determining whether the text has been played back. I am concerned that it will not work in all applications. EG a java applet.

I would like to know how it is determining whether the text has been played back. I am concerned that it will not work in all applications. EG a java applet.

My understanding Cory is that it simply waits until the keyboard buffer is empty. I am guessing that MX Pro, like MX3, uses an API call to check for characters in the buffer. Most higher level languages like Delphi have the ability to run API calls.

I cannot speak to Java Applets, but generally, this will not work on any program that bypasses the keyboard buffer, or uses its own.