Macro Express Forums

Desktop shortcuts getting scrambled?

Yet another baffling puzzle, or perhaps a clue to another bug? This is longish, but hope it will make sense.

In ME Pro I just wrote this new test macro:

Lock Player: Wait for running macros to stop

// Activate NotePad (or launch it and activate if not running)

Activate or Launch: Window "Untitled - NotePad", Program "NOTEPAD.EXE", Parameters ""

Wait for Window Title: NotePad

Window Maximize: NotePad: Notepad

Macro Return

Unlock Player

<LOCK PLAYER Wait="TRUE"/>
<COMMENT Value="Activate NotePad (or launch it and activate if not running)"/>
<ACTIVATE OR LAUNCH Title="Untitled - NotePad" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Path="C:\\WINDOWS\\NOTEPAD.EXE" Mode="\x00" Default_Path="FALSE" Wait="1" Wait_For_Program="12"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="NotePad" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="10" Seconds="0"/>
<WINDOW MAXIMIZE Option="\x01" Title="Notepad" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>
<MACRO RETURN/>
<UNLOCK PLAYER/>

I ran that fine with F9 from Script Editor. And with a hotkey etc. And with r-click > Run Macro Now.

I then used Place on Desktop. Its properties shows this target:

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MeProc.exe" /A::C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express Pro\FULL.mex?Activate Notepad

But when I d-clicked that to run it I got a baffling result that's taken me a couple of hours to track down. The running man appeared for the macro but nothing else. After much experiment I happened to try opening Notepad manually while this was still running and to my surprise I got a message window saying "Notepad has been opened and maximised." I could find nothing matching this in ME Pro. Eventually I opened ME 3 and found that the message was part of an old ME3 test macro with the same name.

// Activate NotePad (already running)

Activate Window: "Untitled - Notepad"

Wait For Window Title: "Untitled - Notepad"

Window Maximize: "Untitled - Notepad"

Text Box Display:

Macro Return

<REM2:Activate NotePad (already running)><ACTIVATE2:Untitled - Notepad><WAITWIN2:000010:000000:Untitled - Notepad><WMAX:Untitled - Notepad><TBOX4:T:4:CenterCenter000278000200:005:Notepad has been opened and maximised><MRETURN>

But why does this macro get (partially?) activated from an ME Pro desktop shortcut, stopping correct running of that?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK