Macro Express Forums

Copy range 315,158 to 770,325

Not having much luck. I'm tring to copy a range with no luck.

Activate Window: "Construction Services and Materials Report - Windows Internet Explorer"

Mouse Move Window 315, 158

Mouse Left Button Down

Mouse Move Window 770, 325

Mouse Left Button Up

Clipboard Paste

Bob

I just switched to Pro and still no go.

Activate Window: "Construction Services and Materials Report - Windows Internet Explorer"

Mouse Left Button Down

Mouse Left Button Up

Clipboard Paste

Bob

You mean you're trying to paste something (previously copied to the clipboard) into that rectangular area, part of a web page form? Presumably you can do exactly this manually?

What is the URL of the window? Without that, or at least a screenshot, it's impossible to help.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Following your layout, I designed the following macro (first Scripting Editor format, then Direct Editor format):

Window Activate: Copy range 315,158 to 770,325 - Macro Express Forums - Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mouse Move: 229, 429 Relative to Screen
Mouse Left Button Down: 229, 429 Relative to Screen
 Mouse Move: 480, 683 Relative to Screen
Mouse Left Button Up: 480, 683 Relative to Screen
Clipboard Copy

<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Copy range 315,158 to 770,325 - Macro Express Forums - Microsoft Internet Explorer" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="229" Y="429" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON DOWN/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="480" Y="683" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON UP/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>

After running the macro, I began this reply, and then used Ctrl+V to paste my results, and here they are (please note, this is exactly what

I expected to have - Also I added bold after pasting in order to distinguish the pasted information from the rest of my post.):

Mouse Left Button Down

Mouse Left Button Up

Clipboard Paste

Bob

My first observation is that you have a Clipboard Paste where you need a Clipboard Copy... Of course I'm assuming you actually intend to

copy. If you are really intending to Paste, then you should read Terry's post above mine.

You mean you're trying to paste something (previously copied to the clipboard) into that rectangular area, part of a web page form? Presumably you can do exactly this manually?

What is the URL of the window? Without that, or at least a screenshot, it's impossible to help.

--

Yes. I have been doing it manualy, all day long. Thats the point. For now I just want to get it to my buffer.

After that I am going to want to append it to the bottom of an open document called "mba.txt - Notepad". When we append it, we are going to want to insert a space (or line) above it.

Bob

--

The URL is http://www.mbaonline.org/MBAGeoLocator/Con...ompanyID=194623

<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Copy range 315,158 to 770,325 - Macro Express Forums - Microsoft Internet Explorer" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>
<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON UP/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>

I'm not sure what this means...Possibly it may be an editor that I am not familiar with. Could you maybe explain what the following lines are doing or what they mean?

a.Macro Express Forums - Microsoft Internet Explorer" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

b.Option="\x01" X="229" Y="429" _PROMPT="0x000A"/

Are these your own numbers to a location or are they some kind of a conversion of the numbers I provided in my macro? I am just trying to understand what the macro is doing.

Bob

:( Just composed lengthy reply, only to find a blank post was the result! OK, here goes, I'll reconstruct while still fresh in my mind. (With a mental note to habitually copy to clipboard and paste elsewhere in future!)

OK, now that you've clarified that you are copying (not pasting as your script implied), here's a working demo macro, easily altered for your setup.

Window Activate: Construction Services and Materials Report

Mouse Move: 290, 245 Relative to Current Window

Delay: 50 milliseconds

Mouse Left Button Down: 50 milliseconds

Mouse Move: 785, 420 Relative to Current Window

Mouse Left Button Up: 785, 420 Relative to Current Window

Clipboard Copy

Variable Set String %T[1]% from the clipboard contents

Delay: 100 milliseconds

Text Box Display: Result

Macro Return

<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Construction Services and Materials Report " Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x02" X="290" Y="245" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="50"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x02" X="785" Y="420" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON UP/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x02" Destination="%T[1]%"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="100"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Result" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 The information now on the clipboard, copied from the web form, is\r\n\\par \r\n\\par %T[1]%\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<MACRO RETURN/>

Here's the result:

Demo-amerifax-1.jpg

--

<MOUSE LEFT BUTTON UP/>
<CLIPBOARD COPY/>

I'm not sure what this means...Possibly it may be an editor that I am not familiar with. Could you maybe explain what the following lines are doing or what they mean?

a.Macro Express Forums - Microsoft Internet Explorer" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

b.Option="\x01" X="229" Y="429" _PROMPT="0x000A"/

Are these your own numbers to a location or are they some kind of a conversion of the numbers I provided in my macro? I am just trying to understand what the macro is doing.

Bob

That is from the Direct Editor script. The Scripting Editor script is the "readable" script (which I posted first), the Direct Editor script is the actual code that Macro Express uses to make the macro run.

Essentially: <MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="229" Y="429" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>

Means: Mouse Move: 229, 429 Relative to Screen

The Direct Editor script in my example is so you could copy and paste it into a macro and then run it to see how it works. The Scripting Editor text is so you can look and see what it's supposed to do.

I still don't understand if you are trying to copy the text or paste it, though.

>>Steve Casper - I still don't understand if you are trying to copy the text or paste it, though.<<

Sorry

I'm trying to append it to an open file call mba.txt-Notepad. Actually one line under the existing text that is in the file already.

Bob

>>Steve Casper - I still don't understand if you are trying to copy the text or paste it, though.<<

I'm trying to append it to an open file call mba.txt-Notepad.

Are you sure you want to click the mouse down in one place, move the mouse to another place, and release the mouse? This doesn't sound like something you would normally do in notepad.

Perhaps you should do this:

- Move mouse

- Click Mouse

- Paste

Sorry

I'm trying to append it to an open file call mba.txt-Notepad. Actually one line under the existing text that is in the file already.

Bob

So, did you try the macro I wrote in post #7? That should allow you to do precisely that, assuming you can add the extra couple of lines yourself to paste into Notepad?

--