Macro Express Forums

Only one activation of any type allowed?

I have a macro activated by left clicking a certain window area. But I'd also now like to activate it by right clicking the title bar anywhere. (I could live without it, but I have good reasons for wanting both.) However, access to Mouse Event is now greyed out.

It seems the same applies to any attempt to add a second activation of the same type. Apart from Mouse Event, another type I anticipate needing more than one activation is Schedule, as I might want to supplement an existing scheduled run with another, perhaps temporarily.

Was this restriction by design, and would it be possible to relax it in a future release please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Only one of any activation type is allowed. But it is extremely easy to do what you want. Simply create another macro with the other activation and put a Macro Run command in it to run the original macro.

Ah, thanks Kevin, that sorts it nicely!

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 4 months later...
Only one of any activation type is allowed. But it is extremely easy to do what you want. Simply create another macro with the other activation and put a Macro Run command in it to run the original macro.

I have a bunch of macros (hundreds) for which I use shortkeys to type longer clips of text, and am trying to figure out if I can combine them into a single macro with multiple activations of different shortkeys. Based on my reading here, that's currently not possible. So:

a ) I'd put forward another vote to allow multiple different shortkey (or multiple different instances of the same activation type) to be permitted, and:

b ) The second part of the solution to my many-one-line-macros is that I'd like to be able to discern the actual shortkey (or hotkey) used to invoke the macro and then do a Switch on it.

Even if "a)" is implemented, it there (or could there) be a way to know which shortkey/hotkey invoked a given macro so I could test and branch based on it??

Thanks.

Jace